iPhone cradle that charges w/AC and syncs w/USB at the same time

gch42x

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Every iPhone docking cradle I find will charge and sync when connected via the USB cable to a PC or will charge when the USB cable is connected to an AC adapter. This means that I have to swap the cable from the PC to the adapter constantly.

What I want is a docking cradle with BOTH a USB cable for syncing and an AC plug for charging. So I can drop my iPhone into the cradle when I come home to start charging it. Then when I start up my PC, it can sync as well without having the swap the USB cable.

Does such a docking cradle exist? I have an iPhone 4 with a Speck case.

Kainz15

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
When you iPhone is syncing, it is charging. So, if you have a dock that plugs directly into the computer via USB, (Apple's iPhone 4 Dock), its doing both at the same time.

If this isn't what your getting at I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help!

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
When you iPhone is syncing, it is charging. So, if you have a dock that plugs directly into the computer via USB, (Apple's iPhone 4 Dock), its doing both at the same time.

If this isn't what your getting at I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help!

I think he's looking for something that will still charge his phone when his computer is turned off, as the USB port doesn't provide any power in that state.

Only thing I can think of is if you have a powered USB hub.

gch42x

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
rliebert -that's exactly what I mean. A powered USB hub...hmmm, hadn't thought of that one. I think it might work. I'll try it. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73