iPhone camera won't focus

shirts321

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I've recently been having trouble with my iPhone 5 camera not focusing. When I open the camera app, the camera is focused for a split second, but then it gets out of focus and stays out of focus. I've tried touching the screen to make it focus and it doesn't work.

I read online that tapping the phone on different parts helps but I've tried that and it didn't do anything (maybe I'm not hitting hard enough?). I brought it to the apple store and they said they can't do anything to fix it and I'm out of warranty and don't want to pay 250+ bucks for a new phone.

I then took it to an iPhone repair shop and they replaced the actual camera and the problem still remained. So I guess it's a software issue? I have hope that it can be fixed somehow because it does focus for that split second but I don't know what to do.

Thanks for any help!

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't be having those types of issues with your camera. Try resetting all settings. :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You mentioned you had the camera replaced and it's still not functioning I would return to the repair shop it's hard to believe you still have the same focus problem with a new camera. Did they show you the camera they replaced it sounds like they didn't fix anything

shirts321

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Resetting the settings didn't help. And he claimed that when he put in the new camera it still didn't focus so he put the original camera back in and didn't charge me anything. I don't know why he would lie...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Regardless of what has happened at the shop and so forth, the only thing you can try to do on your own now is restore your phone to new. Like factory new and see if the problem persists.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods