Iphone backup

I

iMore Question

Hello guys. I need to do some stuff with my girlfriends iphone 5s ios 7.04.
I want to do the following:
1. create a backup of her iphone on my computer.
2. jailbreak her iphone and install some tweaks. Check out, will they work correctly.
than i must return iphone her, 100% the same as i get it from her (delete jailbreak, and it must contain all her apps, contact, game progress etc. 100% as it was before i get it)

one way: restore it from backup form point 1;
the other way: restore it to defaults with itunes, and then restore from backup;

What way is correct for my task?
Are there any other ways?
The main goal is that iphone must be 100% as it was before i get it from her;

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Think I am going to pass on this one as I can't understand what and why you are doing this to the point where you are being so exact to what you want to do, Unless you don't mind going a bit further as to why and what you are trying to do?
I mean when you say you need to do some stuff?? Is 1. and 2. what you mean by stuff? Otherwise I will let someone else answer that cares to without further info. Thank you.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You are coming across as if you want to spy on her without her knowledge. We are all not sure what your end game is.

boriakaif

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, why so serious?)
1. she knows that i will do something with her phone.
2. she just want that after my experiments the phone would as before them

p.s. i`m from Russia, people here trust each other:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys. I need to do some stuff with my girlfriends iphone 5s ios 7.04.
I want to do the following:
1. create a backup of her iphone on my computer.
2. jailbreak her iphone and install some tweaks. Check out, will they work correctly.
than i must return iphone her, 100% the same as i get it from her (delete jailbreak, and it must contain all her apps, contact, game progress etc. 100% as it was before i get it)

one way: restore it from backup form point 1;
the other way: restore it to defaults with itunes, and then restore from backup;

What way is correct for my task?
Are there any other ways?
The main goal is that iphone must be 100% as it was before i get it from her;

If what you are wanting to do with your girlfriend's device is NOT against the law AND she has given you indisputable permission to do so then you need to do two things.

1. Create a backup of the device via iTunes BEFORE you jailbreak it.
2. After you're done, put the device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes and select to restore it.
3. When prompted, select to restore the backup you made prior to your experiment.

If she has activation lock enabled on the device, you will NOT be able to accomplish what you're seeking without it being de-activated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys, why so serious?)
We would not want anyone getting hurt by your alleged permissible experiment
1. she knows that i will do something with her phone.
Maybe she does, but seriously, we don't know you so why do you think we should automatically believe a word you say when the world contains so many liars?
2. she just want that after my experiments the phone would as before them
I'm sure she does. You may want it that way to hide whatever it is that you might be doing in secret.

p.s. i`m from Russia, people here trust each other:)
I'm sure there are people in your area that you don't trust, and you know it. Anyway, I've answered your questions. Take care.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox