Iphone backup file corrupt? PLEASE HELP!

miggymiggs

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Please help - I have exhausted all of my resources. I did a backup to my phone [contacts, notes, pictures etc] and restored my phone so I can upgrade to the latest iOs. My phone was jailbroken and I was running iOS 3.1.3 i think. While putting backup file back on restored phone, the apple logo came up along with a partially complete status bar. I tried every possible hard reset and nothing. Took it to Apple and they said it was an issue with the firmware, and restored to phone to new.

I went home and tried to load the backup file, and the same thing happened. I had to go back to Apple to restore. The phone is now running fine but i lost 1300 contacts plus all my notes. I am assuming that there is something wrong with the backup file and it may be corrupt. Could it be because I backed it up while it was JB?

Has anyone ever eperienced this, and if so why? What are my options for getting back my contacts and notes and anything else on the backup file?

PLEASE HELP - 10 years worth of contacts and important info lost. This will have a detrimental impact on my business.

Thank you all in advance for your help and attention to this matter!
-M

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried restoring with a different backup? (I think iTunes gives you a choice of recent backups, no?)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP those guys have give you some good options but what I'm wondering is why your computer can't reload the phone back to stock? I don't think there is anything wrong with your backup I think it might be something else. So I would ask have you ever used Tiny Umbrella? If you have click the link in my signature and go to where Massie tells you how to use the Tiny Umbrella options to turn it off from looking at Cydia's servers. Then once that is done try in iTunes to do a restore from backup. If it doesn't work atleast this time you wont have to go to Apple just put the phone into DFU mode and click on restore. Then the next thing would be to lookup where the backups are kept and create backup copies of them on an external drive or something. Then look up to see where the firmware files are stored when you do an upgrade and delete those from your system. Then do a restore from iTunes and it should ask you to do a restore if it still wont work then you can consider that maybe it's corrupt.

kevinkristopher

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't get bother....!!!!!!!!! you can still recover your file from corrupt iPhone backup. Try iPhone Data Recovery software and recover files very easily. This is very efficient software and recover recover files from formatted iPhone memory, accidental deletion of files etc. It supports both Mac and windows OS and provide very interface. For more info visit:
How To Recover iPhone Photos From Backup File

sarahhoox

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Step 1.Launch iTunes on PC.
Step 2. Select iPhone icon on the top side.
Step 3. Press"Summary"tab and tick "This computer" to select "Back up Now".
That is the way to back up iPhone with iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro