• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPhone 8 and X durability

mykewithayjax

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm excited about the wireless charging in both the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, however, I'm concerned about the durability. I normally but a case to wrap the phone in to prevent damage due to dropping. It seems like any case purchased and wrapped around the iPhone would potentially block wireless charging. So is there any consensus on exactly how durable the new glass is on these new models, and or, is there a type of case that could be purchased that would not inhibit wireless charging capabilities. I know I can't be the only one with these concerns.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It depends on the material used on the case. Most cases should still work just fine with wireless charging. From my past experience with Samsung devices, a case that’s too thick will not enable wireless charging to work.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Apple’s new leather Folio Case is an example of a case specifically designed to allow wireless charging with the case.
And don’t be surprised if some case manufacturers start promoting their cases with ‘works with wireless charging with the iPhone X’.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. Thanks for joining. There will be a Plethora of cases ...Trust me...LOL. Enjoy the site.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman