iPhone 7 T-Mobile Pre-order - Shipped Today

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Just got an email from T-Moible that my iPhone 7 pre-order has shipped and will be delivered by UPS tomorrow! I have the tracking number as well. I was figuring on getting it sometime later this week or early next week... if then, based on the huge amount of pre-orders T-Mobile has gotten.

I read where they pre-sold more iPhone 7's than they did either the 6 or 6s. So I guess their are a lot more people out there that want to upgrade than the SME's (subject matter experts) had suggested.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email from T-Moible that my iPhone 7 pre-order has shipped and will be delivered by UPS tomorrow! I have the tracking number as well. I was figuring on getting it sometime later this week or early next week... if then, based on the huge amount of pre-orders T-Mobile has gotten.

I read where they pre-sold more iPhone 7's than they did either the 6 or 6s. So I guess their are a lot more people out there that want to upgrade than the SME's (subject matter experts) had suggested.

Odder things have happened, but I doubt so very highly that your phone will NOT be delivered tomorrow. It would be a huge mistake on T-Mobile / UPS for that to happen. Even early arrivals in state / cities are supposed to be HELD at UPS / FedEx until the actual delivery date of 9/16. Apple is quite anal about their phones getting out prior to the go-live date. It has happened in the past, one-two have slipped by, but it's super rare. May you will win the early iPhone lottery, but it's so very rare. Keep us in the loop.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I have known for T-Mobile to send their devices early. It I also know UPS will hold it at the facility until the days it's suppose to delivered. Fingers cross you get it tomorrow

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have known for T-Mobile to send their devices early. It I also know UPS will hold it at the facility until the days it's suppose to delivered. Fingers cross you get it tomorrow

Really? In my experiences, T-Mobile usually ships it Thursday night for an overnight delivery.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
We'll see what happens. Just got another email from T-Mobile with the official link to UPS and the tracking number. Says "Overnight"... but like you said, Apple may have something to say about that. It will be interesting to see if I get an update from UPS tomorrow saying the delivery date has changed. I'll keep you informed.....

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Waiting on mine to process with T-Mobile. I have the 7 plus so it maybe delayed. Hoping the best for you, following to see how it ends up.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Update.... I just spoke with T-Mobile CS as I had received an email this morning saying they charged my credit card for the tax on my iPhone 7 JUMP upgrade. I looked at the tracking information and the label was processed on the 12th, but the phone is sitting there waiting for UPS to pick it up. What I was told is that the official release date is Friday, so T-Mobile has my phone scheduled for shipment on Thursday morning for a Friday delivery date. So obviously Apple has instructed the carriers not to ship and release the phone early. No big deal... but the process is confusing... especially when you receive several text messages and emails saying the phone is on its way or has been shipped. But again... I can certainly wait a couple of days for the phone... my 6s works just fine!

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Update... Received an email today that the iPhone 7 has actually shipped overnight via UPS and will be delivered tomorrow morning. The tracking number shows that UPS has picked up the phone from T-Mobile's distribution point and its on its way.

Note that I did a JUMP upgrade with T-Mobile on the 12th. A ticket was processed and I received several emails stating that it had shipped and "was on its way" two days ago. Obviously they are holding them until the official Apple release date of the16th. Not bad however and no real problem from my point of view.

One issue that someone brought up was that contended that Apple has been known to tell UPS when they can deliver phones... and have been known to hold up carrier deliveries. The only time that can happen is if the phone is shipped via Apple itself. Apple processes the shipping label with the shipping date and UPS will hold it until that specific date. Apple has no control over a UPS shipment when a carrier sends out a phone nor can it tell UPS to stop a shipment. If T-Mobile had actually sent out my phone yesterday for delivery today, their would be nothing Apple could do about it. That is like me calling UPS and telling them to hold up a shipment that my next door neighbor is expecting because I don't like it being delivered on a specific day. Can't happen. That would be impeding the delivery of goods... not something Apple would ever get into with the Feds.

On the other hand, if Apple has specific ship date it has worked out with the carriers, that is another subject. In the case of the iPhone 7s, they obviously have a date, tomorrow, in which the consumer can get their hands on the phone. So the carriers have abided by that date and the shipments are starting today. Again, if something is shipped out early via UPS or USPS, Apple is powerless to stop it.

NSpooner

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes but the carriers have to sign an agreement to not allow them to ship early. If they don't adhere to that policy then they could possibly lose the brand which they definitely don't want to happen.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes... absolutely. But what someone said on the forum here is that Apple can stop a shipment from taking place once UPS gets their hands on it. That of course could never happen.

But you are 1000% correct. If T-Mobile had actually shipped the 7 to me a couple of days ago, like their email said, I suspect they would have been in violation of their contract with Apple.

All I can say is that for a phone that no one was supposed to be interested in, it turns out to be one of the biggest selling phones in history. Their must be a lot of people not interested!!

I'm kind of experimenting with this one. I will be turning in a 6s 128 GB model. The problem is that I don't keep anything on the phone... no music, photos, documents, etc. I keep everything in the "cloud". So I use nearly nothing memory wise. The 128 GB 6s was a total waste of money. So I'm going to see how I get along with the 32 GB 7. I have a feeling it will be perfectly fine. If not, I'll have another JUMP in 6 months and can turn it in for a larger memory version.

HofstraJet

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Wife's black 256 7 was just delivered by UPS. TMO upgrade order. I saw my driver yesterday and warned him today would be busy. He asked why and I told him today was release day. He rolled his eyes and groaned. When I just saw him, he said "you were right - truck is full of devices".

Good day to hijack a UPS truck! LOL

EDIT: I also saw the tracking number early in the week in the UPS app but knew they wouldn't actuallty give the device to UPS until Thursday. They just have them in a trailer ready to go. Common practice for preorders of all kinds.

Last edited:

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty new to this neighborhood so I don't know. I told my boss that I'm not coming in until I sign for it though. I'm supposed to work at 5 lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice