iPhone 7 series - Is the battery life significantly improved?

toxiccowboy

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
Current iPhone 6 Plus user here. Battery life has been woeful, even after configuring power savings via several methods in combination. Is the iPhone 7 (7+) any better?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The new chip in the 7/7+ is more efficient so I'm sure it's probably a little better. But, I'm not one that keeps data on runtime to compare.

I'm sure one of my compadres will have a more detailed analysis of their experience with the 7/7+ battery vs previous iPhones.

Welcome to iMore by the way, @toxiccowboy! Glad to have you aboard and we look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
I have the iPhone 7 Plus and I get great battery life! Before I used a 6S and the Plus gives you that much more!! Complete phone with the 7 Plus. Doesn't lack much.. Battery usually can last up to two days for me! I'm just an average user.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about compared to the 6 Plus, but compared to my 5S and my girlfriend's 6... yes. My 7 Plus outlasts them both by a significant margin.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My 7 easily gets me through an entire day without issues. I very rarely have to charge during the day -- even when I have windows of free time like on Saturdays when I sit through 4 hours of rehearsals for my children and have nothing to do but play on my phone. It does well for me.

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Iphone 7 battery life has been great for me. On days I had to use Waze, about an hour, I could still get 20% by late evening. I'm an average user who don't play much games.

J-Cam93

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I think Apple stated an hour longer talk time and usage time on the 7&7plus over the 6S series.. but this really depends on your usage and all the apps out there that are more of the drain then anything.

My 7plus is definitely a upgrade over my old 4&6 though so I'm happy with it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It's 9pm and am at 54% and that's good for me. Very pleased. I charge it up nightly though because mine is used for work too

kjung7

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Not too much different than the 6s, but you'll notice a difference because your battery has degraded over the past year and a half.

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The plus size will give you better battery life than the smaller size, because of the larger battery. But yes, both have better battery life than their predecessors. Lithium batteries tend to last only about two years before they start going downhill, and the iPhone 6 was released in 2014. So it’s about time to get a new phone, and as said by Apple, you will get at least one additional hour of battery life throughout your day when you get the plus size. In your case with an aging battery, you’ll most likely get significantly better battery life.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm not finding ANY battery improvements over my old 5C. BUT I now have about 70 apps on the 7 when I had 55 on the 5C so I think it is the constant app refreshing in the background that only gives me about 6-7 hours of battery life on the 7. Just tonite I turned off Battery refresh on all my news apps and maybe this will help......I noticed that I still get the audible notifs from a couple of them because I left notifications on. I first thought that turning OFF app refresh might kill the notifs, but it didn't......and I am ok with that.

I sometimes have to charge my iphone 7 2 or 3 times a day.

Heavy user

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner