• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iPhone 7 Plus matte black or gold?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Being a woman I like the rose gold and it does have the white front. It is stunning and I do like white phones.

v2Harambe

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
Matte Black
97fad24161664deb2e1103daa9398c2d.jpg

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Matte black really works for me, for 2 reasons. One is the front is also black and I am not a fan of a white border around the screen. And two, there's something cool about the look of the black Apple logo on the back, on top of the matte black.

I make sure the cases I rotate through are either clear or at least expose the Apple logo on the back.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have had silver iPhones for years because I like the white faceplate. For the 7+ I thought I wanted a change and so I had the jet black for months, but never got used to the way the black faceplate is a fingerprint magnet. About a month ago I switched to silver 7+ with the white faceplate and am happy once again. I say go with silver instead of gold or black. It's a classic look like the OG iPods and hides fingerprints on the faceplate so much better.

fgerhd

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
I want to buy a new iphone. Can't decide the colour.
Your choice for GOld is good!
Since Matte Black is a shame for Apple how bad durability is.
I already have scratches around charging port even with careful pluging only every night before bed!

People are complaining about scratches on Matte Black iphones right out of the box! Looks like sector for quality check is not doing a good job.

My 7plus Matte Black is scratched right from the factory, above Silent button. But whatever, premium re-seller(approved by Apple) in my country does not accept official apple 12 month international guarantee lol.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It's beautiful. I saw the red. It's stunning too red is my favorite color but the rose gold is dressier looking

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I opted for gold since my last three phones were black so the all blacked out craze is nothing new for me. I personally like the color change. Go for what makes you happy since it's your device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbinaUrbonas