iPhone 7 Plus Lag/iOS Lag.

Statik SA1

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
So when exiting apps etc. i feel as if it is really laggy compared to a 6s plus as seen in the video below. Anyone else have the same problem? Any fix?
iPhone 7 Plus 256GB With 189GB Free.
iOS 10 on the Latest Beta.
Thanks in advance.

Savoy

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
To be honest that doesn't look like any kind of hardware lag but instead looks to be the speed of the animations in iOS 10. Now I'm new to iOS but that seems intentionally built baked in. I believe I read somewhere in the next iOS update which should be out of beta in the next week or so would be speeding up animations. Can't be a hardware/software problem since the soc in the ip7 is beastly.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Man there's absolutely no lag, this is just the system animations. And it is there on 6S too, as well as on my old 6 Plus too...

Cheers,

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Don't forget, your also on a beta. As far as I know with many betas, it take a lot of reporting to send back to Apple to improve. Any Betas that I used always had lag when I used it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[warn]OP, please do not create new threads regarding this matter. If you have anything new to add regarding this matter, please do so in this thread. Thanks.[/warn]

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Pick up any android device and you will experience lag apple devices really don't experience any lag in my opinion.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Pick up any android device and you will experience lag apple devices really don't experience any lag in my opinion.

This.

Every once in a while I notice a bit of stutter in the animations, but otherwise I think the 7+ is smooth as silk. I do wish the animations were a bit faster, but that's not the same thing as lag.

Back when I had a 6S+, on iOS 9, that thing used to drop frame rate all the time, especially in landscape. Again, that wasn't true late, but it was painful nonetheless. The 7+ has none of those issues.