iPhone 7 plus iCloud PHOTOS options keeps turning itself on.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Every morning when I wake up I get the message that my iCloud cannot be completed because it's too big for the 5 GB storage size. This is because it is synching about 4.6 gigs of my camera roll photos.

Every single day I turn the photo option off in iCloud. Every single night it magically turns itself back on and I get this error. Has anyone else seen this?

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming that they should work in conjunction(might be using the wrong word here) with each other but they may not. The iCloud Photo Library option is in both iCloud and Photos & Camera section. Turn one off and make sure it changes both.

This question just made me realize they changed the ability to save your photos in an iCloud backup without using the iCloud Photo Library option. I never had the option turned on but always have photos switch turned on in iCloud settings.

KillerQ

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm assuming that they should work in conjunction(might be using the wrong word here) with each other but they may not. The iCloud Photo Library option is in both iCloud and Photos & Camera section. Turn one off and make sure it changes both.

This question just made me realize they changed the ability to save your photos in an iCloud backup without using the iCloud Photo Library option. I never had the option turned on but always have photos switch turned on in iCloud settings.

Thanks for the response.

Yep, that was the correct word.

However, I had that option turned off under photos as well. Hhmmm

Infinite7154

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
You may have iCloud backup turned on. When it goes to backup the devise, it'll try to backup everything especially if it's the first time. If you do your backup using iTunes you won't have this issue

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
You may have iCloud backup turned on. When it goes to backup the devise, it'll try to backup everything especially if it's the first time. If you do your backup using iTunes you won't have this issue

This is false. There is a sub-option in iCloud that allows you to shut off the backup of photos which the op said was off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro