iPhone 7 Or Note 7? Thoughts?

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the 6s and before that I had the 6 and the Note series as well as the Nexus line. So, before the announcement of the iPhone 7, I was considering the Note 7 because I liked the S2 watch and I heard a lot of great things about the Note 7.

Then the Note 7 battery started to have problems and made me rethink my decision. Like most Samsung phones that I have purchased a lot of stuff is thrown in there as experimental like the Retina scan. From all the reviews, i have seen, the Retina scan seems to be flawed. With the Apple OS, from my experience, it all seems to work pretty much all the time so, i can depend on it. The battery IMO also seems to be better and updates are faster than with the Android.

In the end, i am going to upgrade to the 7 plus and placed my order on Friday.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the 6s and before that I had the 6 and the Note series as well as the Nexus line. So, before the announcement of the iPhone 7, I was considering the Note 7 because I liked the S2 watch and I heard a lot of great things about the Note 7.

Then the Note 7 battery started to have problems and made me rethink my decision. Like most Samsung phones that I have purchased a lot of stuff is thrown in there as experimental like the Retina scan. From all the reviews, i have seen, the Retina scan seems to be flawed. With the Apple OS, from my experience, it all seems to work pretty much all the time so, i can depend on it. The battery IMO also seems to be better and updates are faster than with the Android.

In the end, i am going to upgrade to the 7 plus and placed my order on Friday.

Pretty much the same as me.

I was strongly considering the Note 7 but the battery recall put me right off. A shame as it's a gorgeous phone.

Apple may come late to the feature party but the reason they do that is that I believe they wait until they have perfected the tech. A lot of Android companies, having to compete with other Android companies, want to be the first to market with <Cool Feature A> and this can mean that they are not as robustly tested as they might have been otherwise.

These is just my thoughts of course.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much the same as me.

I was strongly considering the Note 7 but the battery recall put me right off. A shame as it's a gorgeous phone.

Apple may come late to the feature party but the reason they do that is that I believe they wait until they have perfected the tech. A lot of Android companies, having to compete with other Android companies, want to be the first to market with <Cool Feature A> and this can mean that they are not as robustly tested as they might have been otherwise.

These is just my thoughts of course.

Yeah. No I totally agree with you. Samsung tends to throw everything but the kitchen sink into their phones and watches and see what sticks. Apple takes longer to release stuff. But when Apple releases stuff you know it will work and it will be quality.

Also another deal breaker for me is the accessories. Note 7 and the S2 are slim pickings for accessories. I think the iPhone 7 already has more available than the Note 7 does.

I was just going to stick with my 6s and not upgrade to the 7 but Apple always manages to convince me otherwise. I guess it's marketing at its best. Plus for me, my entire family owns iPhones now and Apple products. I also have the iPad Pro and MacBook so keeping with the theme i was sort of reluctant to stray. Right before the battery announcement I was really considering pulling the trigger and going back to android. Glad I didn't especially when I did more research and remembered why I left android to begin with.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 7. It never caught on fire (or badly hurt anyone, despite the home button issue turning really hot) and lagged as much as the Note 7.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
They both are really good phone besides the battery situation with the Note 7, I would choose the iPhone 7 only because I want a phone that works, I don't want something that's going to lag on me or force close.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Software and support are most important for me. I'm an enterprise IT admin so deal with an array of issues. In some cases superior apps make the Apple platform more attractive. In pretty much all cases and/or over time the long product life, overall quality, post-sale fix options, and happy users show up with the Apple platform.

Many individuals like the same characteristics I seek in my work life.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
For me, it's easy: I loathe Samsung ever since they forced an update on me that bricked my Note 3 after I had consistently refused the update.
They also told me that to fix my Note Pro tablet screen would take 6 to 8 weeks and $450.
Apple + Apple Care everything is a much better fit for me.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Why would anyone even entertain the idea of getting a Note 7 at this point? Seriously... To answer the OP's question, iPhone 7 in a heartbeat.