iPhone 7 Only --- Pre-Order thread

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Ordered matte black 128gb iPhone 7 to upgrade from the 6 that will go to my wife, the wife's 5s will go my son and my sons 4s will go to my daughter for her first phone.

I didn't have any problems ordering through the Apple Store app at just after 8am in the uk. The phone is currently preparing for dispatch and will deliver on the 16th.

cschmach

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I am going from a 6 to a 7 or 7 plus. Can't decide which. Not I will ever get used to that big of a phone. Do sharing why you decided to go smaller?

While I like having the Plus size, I find it more inconvenient in most of my day-to-day functions. As a Paratrooper, there is really no place to safely jump a 5.5" screen phone. It doesn't fit in any of my secured pockets; especially with a protective case.

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have JUMP! on my T-Mobile account so I'm going from the 6S Plus to the 7 (no more hand cramping yay!).

Ordered the 128GB matte black model and it says that it will ship on the 15th-16th.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have JUMP! on my T-Mobile account so I'm going from the 6S Plus to the 7 (no more hand cramping yay!).

Ordered the 128GB matte black model and it says that it will ship on the 15th-16th.

I do love the camera and the bokeh software bump coming for the 7+ in October.. but the plus is just too big of a phone for my taste. Amazing phone, love the power boost, the dual camera, the 3GB of memory A+ all the way. Maybe if I was 6' tall or carried a purse?

alid32

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
So I ordered a rose gold 7+ 128gb on the 9th. My confirmation said deliver by the 16th but last night I went in to check my order and it now says it's still being processed but with a shipping date of the 28th. Anyone else have this happen?

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I do love the camera and the bokeh software bump coming for the 7+ in October.. but the plus is just too big of a phone for my taste. Amazing phone, love the power boost, the dual camera, the 3GB of memory A+ all the way. Maybe if I was 6' tall or carried a purse?

I know that I'll be missing out on some of the cool camera features, but I'll trade that off for the comfort. They'll probably try and add that stuff to next year's smaller model anyway.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I know that I'll be missing out on some of the cool camera features, but I'll trade that off for the comfort. They'll probably try and add that stuff to next year's smaller model anyway.

Maybe, I doubt they will add the "depth of field" to the non-plus version next year.. hope I am wrong, but doubt it. However that being said I have 2 DLSR's and enough money tied up in lenses I could sell them and buy a decent car. So I can't expect the iPhone to replace lenses that are $2000+ and up per lens. It's fun, and nice, but not fully expected.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You have time... can't order now for 9/16 delivery anyway... everything out 1-2 weeks to 1-2 months depending what you want. Maybe once the car is settle, you can find what you want at an Apple or carrier store. Where I live, I am not sure I could find anything in store. Too small of a town. Closest Apple store is 140 miles (each way).. good luck

When I ordered at 11:11pm cst last night the Matte black 7 with 256 was still available to ship for 9/16, and it's still showing as preparing for shipment to deliver for 9/16. I do wish it would let me change the address to my "default" shipping address vs my billing address (work is where I normally ship, vs home billing) but it isn't letting me bec its preparing to ship.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
When I ordered at 11:11pm cst last night the Matte black 7 with 256 was still available to ship for 9/16, and it's still showing as preparing for shipment to deliver for 9/16. I do wish it would let me change the address to my "default" shipping address vs my billing address (work is where I normally ship, vs home billing) but it isn't letting me bec its preparing to ship.

It's why I lost my 32GB 7, I took it out of my cart to change my address on AT&T to get it to my office address for delivery. When I came back 10 min later the 32GB were pushed back 2-3 weeks. That choice cost me $100.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Just cancelled my 7+ 128 black order for a i7 128 black says delivery 6-8 days I'm assuming the 16th. Can't do the 5.5 this year just too big.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It's why I lost my 32GB 7, I took it out of my cart to change my address on AT&T to get it to my office address for delivery. When I came back 10 min later the 32GB were pushed back 2-3 weeks. That choice cost me $100.

I didn't even realize it til after I paid bec I did apple pay and I think for some reason I set that card to home. Or didn't select a shipping one. I was surprised it didn't automatically default to what's in my apple account though. It's not the end of the world, I tried to change it after the fact but it hasn't let me

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even realize it til after I paid bec I did apple pay and I think for some reason I set that card to home. Or didn't select a shipping one. I was surprised it didn't automatically default to what's in my apple account though. It's not the end of the world, I tried to change it after the fact but it hasn't let me

I still own my home in Oregon, but now working in WA. Since I am on paperless billing, I did not realize my AT&T account was still billed to Oregon. They would not let me change my shipping location. So I had to stop it all to fix AT&T before I could order the phone. Either that or drive to Oregon to wait for a phone, which was not going to happen. I can see why they want to be safe about shipping = billing. Luckily I caught it... but as mentioned in doing so, lost the 32GB phone.. and cost me $100 more for the 128. Life moves onward.

mouh60

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Ouch is right. I called two days later and asked to change it to a flat black model in the hopes of getting a 16th shipment. No dice. I was told I had to cancel the original order and redo the whole thing for shipment in October. Pffttt
I'll wait on my original order. Dont know why Apple lets this happen every year.