iPhone 7 - Matte Black - Paint Issue

Apple One

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,

I recently bought my iPhone 7 Matte Black and have had it for about 4-5 months now. I just put my phone under a lamp and just saw paint chip near the speaker grill which I would have never would of saw if I didn't inspect it under light. I have had my phone in a case since the first day, currently was using a clear case but now changed to Apple's Leather case.

Now, is everyone all getting this chipping problem? What is causing this and is there any solutions on how to avoid it from happening? Right now, my chip isn't too bad but will it continue to get worse and bad over time? This is really disappointing. What is Apple saying to this?

Ryan McFadden

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I've had mine since it came out and haven't noticed any problems with chipping. I'm using the Apple leather case and the bottom is exposed too.

I remember reading an article about this about a month ago, you're not alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since launch day and it's in perfect condition. I've had the Apple leather case on it the whole time, meaning the bottom has been exposed. It still looks great.

Bushkesh

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I had this issue after 3months. What I thought was debris, turned out to be the actual paint flaking off after rubbing on it. Took it to Apple and got a replacement after few days no hassle. Was told this was becoming common.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue after 3months. What I thought was debris, turned out to be the actual paint flaking off after rubbing on it. Took it to Apple and got a replacement after few days no hassle. Was told this was becoming common.

Wow. They replaced it for wear and tear? That's nice. Wonder if it's a widespread issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR