iPhone 7 and X heat during phone calls?

I

iMore Question

Was just wondering if its normal for a phone to warm up during a phone call, during a call today that was 6 minutes roughly 7 minutes I noticed my phone was warmer, roughly 90 degrees probably. Also warms up using safari and facebook to about that same temp after 10 minutes of use. Happens on my X and my 7.

Different Carriers, Different Carriers. Is this hand heat? or what? Not using a case.

ITuser44

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Visit site
Was just wondering if its normal for a phone to warm up during a phone call, during a call today that was 6 minutes roughly 7 minutes I noticed my phone was warmer, roughly 90 degrees probably. Also warms up using safari and facebook to about that same temp after 10 minutes of use. Happens on my X and my 7.

Different Carriers, Different Carriers. Is this hand heat? or what? Not using a case.

Same issue here, phone gets warm during calls, phone is 84 degrees when i pull it out of my pocket, can anyone else check the temps and see how warm theres gets?

Thank you.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Proximity to cell tower and choice of phone cases can add to heat but it’s still normal. Any electronic device will heat up but you don’t notice it much because it’s not in your hand

Touch the back of your flat screen TV after an hour of use and you will find it’s very hot

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If the phone gets too hot, it'll tell you. In the meantime practice good summer habits like not putting the phone in your pocket, using it while standing out in direct sun, using it in a hot car, laving it in a hot car etc. etc. etc..

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR