iPhone 7 and Apple Watch - possible to transfer Activity data?

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I've got my 7+ on order and it's arriving late this month/early next.

This will be my third iPhone, so the procedure of swapping over is pretty familiar and straightforward enough even if I did have a complete mental blank on the day! However, there's an extra factor this time 'round now that I've got an Apple Watch as well - how do I swap over from my 6 and still keep all the accumulated Health/Activity data?

Okay, it's not the end of the world if it can't be done, but I'd rather transfer it all to my new phone ...

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You have to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone 6s and that should save everything.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's what you do... First, unpair your watch from the old phone to make the watch save data to the phone.... Next, Use iTunes to make a backup of your old phone... make sure in iTunes you select the option to make an encrypted backup... Next, restore the backup from iTunes to the new phone... finally, pair your watch to the new phone...

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The Watch backup data is also included with an iCloud restore so you do not have to use iTunes if you do not want to

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies everybody - I suspected it might be something like kch described, as it's the same as what I did pre-Watch, apart from the encrypted thing ...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The Watch backup data is also included with an iCloud restore so you do not have to use iTunes if you do not want to
It didn't in the past... Which is why I suggested the iTunes method... plus, I know for certain it works because I've done it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro