iPhone 7 128GB App Switcher glitch

blackcats

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
I recently got the iPhone 7 128GB! It's a really great phone. There is one small bug though. One doubletappingb the home button, when in an app, to open the app switcher, the animation seems to be a bit "laggy". Is it supposed to be like that on the 7?

Also, how good is the battery supposed to be? Right now it's at 93% since full charge (33 min us

Tags: yaris 2017 nhap khau, hd700 đông lạnh

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on your new iPhone! There has always been a very slight delay between double tapping the home button and the app switcher appearing (less than a second). As far as the battery is concerned, your iPhone 7 should give you pretty darn good battery life. I wouldn't judge a new device until you've been running it for at least a few days though.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have also noticed the app switcher issue. I have come to think that iOS might be anticipating whether you want to actually switch apps or just go to the home menu. This new home button seems extremely responsive compared to past models.

Also, your battery life is on par with mine, which was purchased on Christmas. I've never gotten anywhere near the stats posted on Apple's website or other's findings with any of my iPhones. I wouldn't worry about it if you are.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Less than a second lag is a pretty non issue for me. The battery life on my 7 is really great tho. I have been pleasantly surprised. I have anywhere from 20% to 40% at plug in time after a full days use. Everybody's usage varies of course but I'm comparing same usage with other phones and find the 7 has the best battery usage and optimization over all.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I recently got the iPhone 7 128GB! It's a really great phone. There is one small bug though. One doubletappingb the home button, when in an app, to open the app switcher, the animation seems to be a bit "laggy". Is it supposed to be like that on the 7?

Also, how good is the battery supposed to be? Right now it's at 93% since full charge (33 min us

Congratulations on your new iPhone 7! What colour did you decide on? With regards to the App switcher, as others have said, i don't think its your phone specifically. Might just be a OS bug. Ensure you are running the latest version of IOS. Also check to see how much memory you have left. Sometimes if the memory is low, the phone's performance starts to slow down. Additionally if you got the 32GB variant, the storage speed is a little slower than other model might may or may not be contributing to the problem.

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have also noticed the app switcher issue. I have come to think that iOS might be anticipating whether you want to actually switch apps or just go to the home menu. This new home button seems extremely responsive compared to past models.

+1 on that. They have done a lot in iOS 10 and probably the iPhone 7 specifically to try to enhance the response time to button presses.

There is one setting I ran across that seems to cause an extra little hitch in the animation to the home screen or the app switcher:

Settings \ General \ Accessibility \ Zoom

If this is on, there's a slight delay inserted in between the beginning and the end of the animation. Far as I can tell, it's part of the way it zooms all the way out in the transition then zooms back in after the transition is complete, but even if you're already at the least-zoomed-out level. You can see how fast the phone actually responds to the button press if you do this while full screen zoom is on, by the way. It makes me wish for a setting for drastically faster animations.

You might also wish to check your accessibility settings to see if any triple-click options are enabled.

Settings \ General \ Accessibility \ Magnifier
Settings \ General \ Accessibility \ Accessibility Shortcut

Turn these all off unless you know you need them, as having a triple-click option enabled causes the phone to wait a bit longer before responding to a single- or double-click (in case you're doing a triple-click instead)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73