iPhone 6s Plus Charging Question?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 6s Plus Charging Question

I have an iPhone 6s Plus and I use about 30% battery each day. My question is that "Should I charge my phone everyday, every 2 days or every 3 days?"

If I charge my battery everyday, I will have approx. 70% charge left when I charge it.
If I charge my battery every 2 days, I will have approx. 40% charge left when I charge it.
If I charge my battery every 3 days, I will have approx. 10% charge left when I charge it.

Which scheme would be best for extending my iPhone battery life and maximizing its capacity?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6s Plus Charging Question

Welcome to iMore! It doesn't matter how you do it. I charge my 6s Plus when it gets to around 20%. But if it's below 40% at bedtime, I go ahead and put it on the charger for the night. Everyone does it differently.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site

I like to drain my batteries all the way down as low as I can before charging, it just works best for me.

I'll usually shoot for <15% then give it a full charge without using it.

It's just my OCD.

jhstewart0716

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site

It's a force of habit to put it on the charger before I go to bed- but that's just me... But I also get nervous when battery dips below 25%

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I'm near a power outlet it is plugged in. My understanding is Lithium batteries do better the less they cycle.

It's not good to leave them plugged in all the time. It doesn't hurt to leave it plugged in overnight, but it needs to be removed asap.
Power is to your iPhone battery as sweets are to a human: It has the potential of inflicting too much of a good thing. Keeping your iPhone plugged into power can shorten its battery?s life span, or the amount of time before you must replace it. You actually strengthen your lithium-ion battery and prevent its premature demise each time you make it power your iPhone on its own, without the crutch of a power source. As Apple puts it, ?It?s important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally.? So, if you keep your iPhone plugged in in an attempt to save a charge cycle, you'll actually defeat your purpose. The best way to conserve charge cycles is to use the device less. If you average 8 hours per day usage, cut it back to 7? hours per day.

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

I have an iPhone 6s Plus and I use about 30% battery each day. My question is that "Should I charge my phone everyday, every 2 days or every 3 days?"

If I charge my battery everyday, I will have approx. 70% charge left when I charge it.
If I charge my battery every 2 days, I will have approx. 40% charge left when I charge it.
If I charge my battery every 3 days, I will have approx. 10% charge left when I charge it.

Which scheme would be best for extending my iPhone battery life and maximizing its capacity?

We have approximately the same charging schemes. I usually go down to 70–75% in a full day's use (heavy usage) on my 6S Plus. I charge mine every 2nd or 3rd day even and I still would have 20–30% and would even leave it the following day till late in the afternoon depending on whether I'm going to be out long, if I am, I plug it in early in the morning using an iPad charger and in less than 2hrs it's fully fully charged. Also I always start at 100% and when the battery has reached 100% charge I'd leave it plugged in an additional 20–30mins so that it's actually at 100%. Point is, it doesn't matter what your charging scheme is like, whatever best suits your needs. Just don't make a habit of draining your battery too much (i.e. below 10% or draining it all the way down to 0%) as it's not good for the battery over time.

I like to drain my batteries all the way down as low as I can before charging, it just works best for me.

I'll usually shoot for <15% then give it a full charge without using it.

It's just my OCD.

Draining your battery too much only worsens its overall health/life/capacity in the long run.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I charge mine at night, use it throughout my work day, plug in on my commute home, use it all afternoon/evening, then plug in at night again. At no point during that cycle is a specific percentage established. I might plug in at night with 60-75 percent remaining depending on how much I use it in the afternoon/evening. No biggie.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I charge mine at night, use it throughout my work day, plug in on my commute home, use it all afternoon/evening, then plug in at night again. At no point during that cycle is a specific percentage established. I might plug in at night with 60-75 percent remaining depending on how much I use it in the afternoon/evening. No biggie.

Exactly what I do. I'm always charging while I'm in my car because I plug my phone into USB and stream music or podcasts. Then I charge overnight. I also have a charger at my desk at work for the occasional need to charge in the middle of my work day.

Apple's iPhone batteries are designed to retain 80% of their original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. Charging from 25% to 75% counts as a half cycle, for instance. As long as the user manages this, there isn't much to worry about. These are pretty sophisticated lithium ion batteries, not cheap NiCad batteries.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I usually would like to drain out my battery as much as I can before charging my phone. But with my 6 I usually would have 30-15% depending on how I use it and with the 6s plus I just got recently who knows but I usually charge every night before I head to bed

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner