iPhone 6s pictures poor quality

kalel715

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else bummed about the poorer quality of the camera in the 6S? I'm noticing markedly worse images than my 6. Sometimes the in-camera noise reduction is so bad, that it ruins the picture. Things aren't as clear or sharp as they used to be. I can see it even without zooming. I hope Apple can make a fix, but I'm guessing it's a hardware issue

Comparison.jpg

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wife's 6S takes pictures with as good quality or better than her 6 did...I notice a sharpness increase and low light improvement, which is very similar to the results I've found on my 6S Plus. The example you posted is very clearly not the same from picture to picture (whether it's angle, zoom or whatever). I'd say if you personally notice a legitimate quality degradation, go get it repaired or replaced. I've read nothing but positive reviews online about both cameras...and combined with me and my wife's personal experience so far, I'd say your assessment is isolated to your handset.

Here's a nice article giving some visual comparisons of every iPhone released so far...

The ultimate iPhone camera comparison: How does the iPhone 6s camera compare to every other iPhone generation? ~ snap snap snap

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Looks like one was edited. It's the same photo. How can you take the same photo with 2 different phones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psyclingfan

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Actually I read an article to this point today. I'll see if I can dig up the link. But it has to do with that noise reduction. I don't think its a bad camera.

kalel715

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
That's exactly what's going on. I'll have to keep testing mine in different situations. I posted this to see if anyone else was having issues. I'm a huge Apple fan, and was feeling disappointed.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So after reading the article posted above I have to say this is the reason 8mp or 12mp don't mean much and when people on other devices say mine is 16mp Apple sucks .. They really don't have a clue and Apple knew what they were talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpschoon81

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
That's exactly what's going on. I'll have to keep testing mine in different situations. I posted this to see if anyone else was having issues. I'm a huge Apple fan, and was feeling disappointed.

I returned my 6s but had the same issues your were seeing. When zoomed in the over sharpening was causing me to lose detail vs my 6. Especially indoors.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
IMG_0063.JPGIMG_0077.JPG

me personally i notice difference only because, i have shaky hands really shaky and i had six plus. i believe correct me if im wrong six plus had the optical stablazition or whatever it was called. my photos sometimes seem be blurry with my shaky condition so i make sure i take enough and just delete the bad ones. but other then that im quite impressed still

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

What was shown in that article and what you posted in your first post are completely different scenarios...what was discussed in the link was not relevant to the photos taken unless viewed in a 100% zoomed scenario, essentially forcing whatever noise is there to be pronounced. This would not be noticeable in a normal viewing scenario...again, only when LOOKING for it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2