iPhone 6S not staying connected to LTE

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got my phone exchanged at the Apple Store still having LTE issues where I live. I think it might be the carrier towers in my area.

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just want to give an update;
I called bell and network technicians are looking into my LTE issue with my 6S where I live but I found something very interesting this morning. When I'm connected to band 17 LTE my phone won't drop to 3G at all but as soon as it picks up the band 4 LTE tower in my area it will drop to 3G almost instantly.
*note: I used field test mode to find out what band I'm connected to.

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a similar issue with my 6s, 50% of the time when I look at my phone it's on 3G and will take ages to get a LTE signal. I went to a Verizon store and actually replaced the SIM card but the problem still happens. Never had this problem with any of my previous iPhones and my wife's new iPhone 6s+ is working fine in the same area.

Let us know what the carrier finds out.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been having a similar issue with my 6s, 50% of the time when I look at my phone it's on 3G and will take ages to get a LTE signal. I went to a Verizon store and actually replaced the SIM card but the problem still happens. Never had this problem with any of my previous iPhones and my wife's new iPhone 6s+ is working fine in the same area.

Let us know what the carrier finds out.

My carrier keeps telling me it's a problem with the phone. Plus they can't find anything wrong with the towers in my area but they also won't tell me what they did to test the issue. I've already had my phone replaced my Apple near the start of October and I still have the exact same issue. My phone will connect to band 17 LTE and stay connected no problem but as soon as it detects band 4 LTE it will try to connect to it but it will drop to 3G. And I've tried everything that I can do to try and fix the issue the only thing left that it can be is a carrier issue.

GatsbyGlen

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Should I see an LTE icon when connected to WiFi? I don't, but I do when WiFi is disconnected. I also have the found setup to use LTE for both voice and data.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro