iPhone 6S not staying connected to LTE

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 6S, and for some reason it's not staying connected to LTE in my area. I have band 17 and band 4 coverage for LTE with my carrier Bell Canada. I'm trying to figure out if it's the phone or my carrier that the issue is from. I already tried restoring it once and did any carrier profile updates. I'm just not sure what else to try.

Sent from my 6th gen iPod touch using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just tried the SIM card that came with my 6S in my 5S and I get LTE with no problems. So I guess it might be the phone.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to re-set network settings?

Yes
I also have restored my phone twice now. It still tries to connect to LTE but it will disconnect after it connects to LTE. I'm going to my carrier store tomorrow to try a different SIM card.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ritam Brkljacic

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Try going into your location services and disabling cellular network search similar to Wi-Fi networking. Might help might not but it might be worth a try or stationary oh you turn it back on and call your cellular carrier

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Try going into your location services and disabling cellular network search similar to Wi-Fi networking. Might help might not but it might be worth a try or stationary oh you turn it back on and call your cellular carrier

I've tried that too and no difference.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I've tried everything I can do so far. People can keep suggesting stuff in case I missed something. The only thing left to do is call my carrier, try a new SIM card, or go to the Apple Store and get a replacement phone.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I think I've tried everything I can do so far. People can keep suggesting stuff in case I missed something. The only thing left to do is call my carrier, try a new SIM card, or go to the Apple Store and get a replacement phone.

how much signal do you get with the old phone on LTE? I know one of the updates is to save battery by not staying connected to low signals.. may be something not sure though

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
how much signal do you get with the old phone on LTE? I know one of the updates is to save battery by not staying connected to low signals.. may be something not sure though

4-5 bars with band 17 LTE, 2-4 bars with band 4 LTE and that's with my 5S.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok I just tried the SIM card that came with my 6S in my 5S and it's working fine with no issues. LTE is not disconnecting from my 5S but the same SIM card in my 6S and LTE disconnects. I'm starting to think its the phone.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just tried the SIM card that came with my 6S in my 5S and it's working fine with no issues. LTE is not disconnecting from my 5S but the same SIM card in my 6S and LTE disconnects. I'm starting to think its the phone.

Happy it worked out!

i always recommend using new sim if you can as those are programmed to the carrier and things change with them.. not always but sometimes.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i always recommend using new sim if you can as those are programmed to the carrier and things change with them.. not always but sometimes.

The SIM card that came with the 6S is new... And I tried it in both my 6S and 5S and the only one that didn't have issues is the 5S... I think it's the phone but I'll going to try a SIM card from a friends 6 and a carrier store just to be sure.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just tried my friends SIM card from his 6 in my 6S and my 6S still has the LTE issue so I guess I might have to go to an Apple Store.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, just tried my friends SIM card from his 6 in my 6S and my 6S still has the LTE issue so I guess I might have to go to an Apple Store.

sorry to hear that.. At least it happened right away so that its not out of warranty.. hopefully they are able to replace right away

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
sorry to hear that.. At least it happened right away so that its not out of warranty.. hopefully they are able to replace right away

I might try my carrier store first to see if they will swap it since it's closer

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just few updates:
Tried another SIM card from my carrier didn't work. They couldn't swap my phone cause I ordered it online and also they had no 128 GB iPhone 6S of any colour in store.
Contacted Apple support and got my issue sent to Apple engineers, they are going to look into it. Still waiting to hear back from them.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i ran into the same issue last night. i seriously thought it was a network issue where i was, now i am beginning to wonder.

i'll be keeping an eye on this thread and will update my scenario as well. i really hope this is not the beginning of a "bad batch"

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i ran into the same issue last night. i seriously thought it was a network issue where i was, now i am beginning to wonder.

i'll be keeping an eye on this thread and will update my scenario as well. i really hope this is not the beginning of a "bad batch"

My issue started as soon as I got the phone. For the record when was your phone manufactured?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got a reply back from Apple support, they wanted me to try a few other things like try my SIM card in a different phone (which my SIM card works perfectly in a different phone) try a different SIM card from another phone (which I did and still had the same issue). So now I have to wait again to hear back from them to see what they want me to do next.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got another reply from apple support saying to get my phone exchanged at an Apple Store. I guess they think it's a hardware issue.

Sent from my iPhone 6S using Tapatalk