iPhone 6S glass screen protectors

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Seem to be having issues finding a glass protector that fits correctly. The Version that fit my 6/6 plus don't seem to work.
Ones I have tried are Zagg, Sir Lancelot, Spigen slim, and TOZO. All leave a 1-2mm air gap going around the edge. Also Apple does claim that the front glass is different then the 6, and for 3D Touch to work correctly be 0.3mm or thinner. Added couple pics to show.
151fae38fce1a11d4331524d28183e54.jpg
601d5d1bfe6d50fc31a98ea23017277d.jpg

Thanks for input in advance. I do have a cinder edge to edge coming to try.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
the design is just like this, not their fault.

My issue is that these same glass protectors fit fine on my 6 but they don't on my 6S. So to me it is there fault selling the 6 version as a 6/6S capable, when per Apple the screen curve is different. Form ifixit they have 2 different screen assemblies.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Going to put a pick in later. But for my spigen full screen case friendly SGP11590. Installed and had small air or haze around the whole screen. But this morning 80% of the haze is gone. I got hopes that in 24 hours it will be haze free.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same bubbles on the edges. Zagg said it's the bubbles from the center trying to go out or that there was still some air left when the screen protector was applied. Waiting for their reply for a replacement, hopefully.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
After installing my forth Zagg Glass Luxe last week (inside-bezel halo effect) & trying my umpteenth Zagg Glass (halo effect on every side) last night...I am, very frankly, pretty much DONE with glass screen protectors on the 6s due to fit issues.

Unless there's one that fits without any halo effect issues...I'll rock a naked screen from now on.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After installing my forth Zagg Glass Luxe last week (inside-bezel halo effect) & trying my umpteenth Zagg Glass (halo effect on every side) last night...I am, very frankly, pretty much DONE with glass screen protectors on the 6s due to fit issues.

Unless there's one that fits without any halo effect issues...I'll rock a naked screen from now on.

I've been screen naked since September 25th with my 6s Plus. It's been in my pocket with keys and change, and it's pristine. I never heard why Apple curved the screen the was they did. It's a case and screen protector makers nightmare.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been screen naked since September 25th with my 6s Plus. It's been in my pocket with keys and change, and it's pristine. I never heard why Apple curved the screen the was they did. It's a case and screen protector makers nightmare.

Issue is the glass protectors are made for the 6/6 plus and the 6S/6S plus has a different edge curve due to the 3D Touch. It's mm but makes a huge difference in cases and protectors.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
So here is couple picks of the non-adhere on the left and right edge with my 3rd replacement cinder. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451834523.336561.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451834531.803329.jpg
Not to bad compared to the non edge to edge glass. But $40 plus shipping is a high price for not being perfect.
So far the iPhone 6s Screen Protector, Spigen [3D Touch Compatible- Full Coverage Tempered Glass] iphone 6 6s Premium Oil Resistant Coated Glass Screen Protector - White (SGP11590) is the best for no halo or non adhere. Does take 3 to 5 days to completely clear up at edges. Here some proof pics. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451834749.502348.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451834757.469397.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451834766.419018.jpg

I have just purchased iPhone 6 Screen Protector, G.D.SIMTH Ice Core Series 2.5D Round Edge 0.19mm Ultra-thin Full Screen Premium Full Screen Coverage Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 6 with 9H Hardness/Anti-scratch(White). Will test soon. Reviewers say it's like the cinder. But wow like 1/3 of the cost. Amazon has for $13

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
No halo on my SecondSkin One Edge and none of those gaps either. I think the Cinder ones are really over-hyped - I've hardly heard a good word said about them.

What bad publicity is the Cinder getting? That one looked pretty sweet. Now granted it does limit what case you can use, but from what I've seen and read, it looks like a great product.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I found a glass screen protector at Walmart for just under $10. It's the Tzumi ProGlass. It fits my 6s plus perfectly...no bubbles and no halo effect. I think it's sold on Amazon also.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
The pro glass thing from Walmart is different on 6s just as a lot of Protectors on 6s and 6s plus have different results the pluses work fine but the ones for the normal 6s seem halo up the proglass I tried put in mine unless your dead center and not off at all it will halo up some I also had hard time cleaning screen way they tell you next time I get glass one and I'm just changing my current I'm not cleaning it every time I cleaned it down before putting new one on gets covered insanely with lint

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
The pro glass thing from Walmart is different on 6s just as a lot of Protectors on 6s and 6s plus have different results the pluses work fine but the ones for the normal 6s seem halo up the proglass I tried put in mine unless your dead center and not off at all it will halo up some I also had hard time cleaning screen way they tell you next time I get glass one and I'm just changing my current I'm not cleaning it every time I cleaned it down before putting new one on gets covered insanely with lint

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about, but the one I got has a sticker on it that says it fits the 6s plus. It does so perfectly. In addition, I used the applicator tool that it came with so it's on perfectly straight. It comes with dust stickers to remove any dust that may have gotten on the screen after cleaning and before installation. It will be my go-to screen protector from now on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative