iPhone 6s/6sPlus worth buying late 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rjhncrz

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Does buying an iP6s (4.7inch) worth it on late 2017? Cause, in my country, iP6s 32gb still costs 600$. 750$ for iP6s+...

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore @Rjhncrz! :)

iPhone 6s is still a good option especially if you're able to afford it vs another more recent phone. The biggest thing would be the health of the battery - it might be worth having a new battery installed at some point but see how well it works first.

There are those that have said the 6s, 7, and 8 are all very similar and many I've seen still sticking with the 6s because of how good a phone it is.

Rjhncrz

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to iMore @Rjhncrz! :)

iPhone 6s is still a good option especially if you're able to afford it vs another more recent phone. The biggest thing would be the health of the battery - it might be worth having a new battery installed at some point but see how well it works first.

There are those that have said the 6s, 7, and 8 are all very similar and many I've seen still sticking with the 6s because of how good a phone it is.

Thanks for the warm welcome, sir. I know sir, 6s still good and would still until 2020. But what do you mean battery issue? I will buy it on december on Apple store, doea it mean even it is a brand new, it will have some issue regarding batteries?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome, sir. I know sir, 6s still good and would still until 2020. But what do you mean battery issue? I will buy it on december on Apple store, doea it mean even it is a brand new, it will have some issue regarding batteries?

Welcome to iMore.

If you are buying it new there will be no battery issues. Thanks.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I was thinking it might be second hand / used but if it’s new then nothing to worry about. Enjoy it!

Rjhncrz

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Thanks again for the welcome. I really like the 6s beautiful design and beastly performance. This is my 2nd time to use iphone. I am using a samsung note series atm, and will get back soon to iOS. Because i missed the simplicity, and optimized OS. Android giving me headache when it comes on RAM managements. Let me ask you all guys, Til whwn you keep youf ip6s? This is the last iphone with headphone jack. Ip6s is a beast when it comes to proccesing. For sure, it would be still a beast until 2020.

Rjhncrz

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Another thing, does people in MacStore/AppleStore knows the chipgate on the iphone? I want ro have TSMC, which i heard has more battery life than the samsung chipgate.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks again for the welcome. I really like the 6s beautiful design and beastly performance. This is my 2nd time to use iphone. I am using a samsung note series atm, and will get back soon to iOS. Because i missed the simplicity, and optimized OS. Android giving me headache when it comes on RAM managements. Let me ask you all guys, Til whwn you keep youf ip6s? This is the last iphone with headphone jack. Ip6s is a beast when it comes to proccesing. For sure, it would be still a beast until 2020.

I still have a 5s that I use on occasion and it still works great. A 6s should easily last you till 2020.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Let me ask you all guys, Til whwn you keep youf ip6s?

I bought mine when it was first launched 25 months ago, and I am keeping it about five or six months more. My goal is to keep each phone I buy for about 30 months; it used to be 18 to 24 months.

Another thing, does people in MacStore/AppleStore knows the chipgate on the iphone? I want ro have TSMC, which i heard has more battery life than the samsung chipgate.

Mine has a Samsung processor. It's fine. My guess that the battery difference, if there is one, measures in minutes per day. It's just not an issue for me. In 25 months I have never managed to run my phone down to no battery.

Rev17

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site

Have been using an iPhone 6s since launch day as well. I must say apart from the pathetic battery life, the phone is great! To tackle the battery issues. You can get the battery case at some point.
However, that said, I would still suggest you to consider the iPhone 7 if you can stretch a little just because it's the newer phone and will last you that much more. Unless headphone jack is an absolute must. It's has a relatively better battery life, a slightly better camera / screen.

Nothing that's a deal breaker for buying the 6s, but apple would support ithe 7 longer and since you intend to use it for 2-3 years, that would be better. You will also get a better value when you sell it off in 2020.

Rjhncrz

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Have been using an iPhone 6s since launch day as well. I must say apart from the pathetic battery life, the phone is great! To tackle the battery issues. You can get the battery case at some point.
However, that said, I would still suggest you to consider the iPhone 7 if you can stretch a little just because it's the newer phone and will last you that much more. Unless headphone jack is an absolute must. It's has a relatively better battery life, a slightly better camera / screen.

Nothing that's a deal breaker for buying the 6s, but apple would support ithe 7 longer and since you intend to use it for 2-3 years, that would be better. You will also get a better value when you sell it off in 2020.

Thanks for the advice. Tho i must say, i have been eye-ing the ip5s as a reference. Ip5s came out with iOS7, and still getting iOS update til iOS11. Thats 4 iOS generations. And ip6a came out with iOS9, so in same idea, ip6s will get iOS update until 2019 or 2020. Im not a buy and then sell it afterwards guy, i dont do such thing, i use the phone until it gets broken for getting old. I have ip4 before and used it til 6yrs until the screen got broken and bought a samsung note series phone. And using this phone now for almost 2 yrs now. But as i said earlier, i have android ram management. Not optimized os. So i will be coming back to ios. And lets see if how many yrs the ip6s will stay in my hands. Hope it will not break too early atleast 4 yrs lol

Rjhncrz

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Yeah. Figured that bit. :)
All the best with your new 6s. And please do Share your experience.

I'll be getting it as soon as i finished prioritizing someone priorities... maybe by december, i'll buy in on MacStore. I'll be getting the 4.7inch variant. I dont like the 5.5inch design, too much vessels. Although it has a better camera, still, i dont like it lmao

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting it as soon as i finished prioritizing someone priorities... maybe by december, i'll buy in on MacStore. I'll be getting the 4.7inch variant. I dont like the 5.5inch design, too much vessels. Although it has a better camera, still, i dont like it lmao

I just upgraded the Mrs and our daughter off the iPhone 6 and 6+. Why? Because those devices became extremely laggy once updated to ios 11. And I mean extremely laggy. I use the 6s+ and moved to iOS 11 but didn’t experience the same issues with lag that them on the 6 & 6+. Buggy and battery issues yes but not the lag. I don’t think the 6s will be efficient in one or two years as it stands today. With the next update to iOS 12, I feel it will begin to show further signs of slowing down including hits to battery life (which I am experiencing now). I think the better bet would be to move to the 7 or higher. You may end up paying a few extra dollars more but from a user experience and longevity perspective that may be the smarter play. I’m not saying the device would be unusable but the processing power needed for future iOS releases taxes older devices, noticeably. Especially those several years old. If possible error on the side of caution.

MelCali82

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I think any iphone with 2gb ram is still worth it in 2017 and should last you a while. that would be the 6s/plus, SE and above.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I think it's worth it. You can find them in great condition for low prices. My friend got the iPhone 6s Plus in space gray for only $289 on eBay. She got an incredible deal! Plus, the 6s and 6s Plus are still viable iPhones and can handle a few more yearly iOS updates. :yes:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
If it is used, I'd factor in $79 (if you are in the US) to have Apple install a new battery at some point. See https://www.imore.com/why-apple-slows-down-old-iphone-models

I'm still happy with mine, and, because I had the battery replaced 12 months ago for the 6s battery recall, my battery is still at 97% of original capacity (that may also be because I use the Apple Smart Battery Case, though I'm not sure about tha.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods