iPhone 6 your first iOS device from android?

the1m.polo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I was an apple bashing android user for years, mostly because of Apple's practices which i still don't agree with. Now That after 9 androids I have made the plunge and I love iOS so far. I no longer have a desire for customization on a phone and running different Roms and themes, I just want the phone to work and look good doing it. I'm happy with the move and I see myself on iOS for a while to come. Anyone else new to team iPhone from Android, if so what's your experience so far?

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Same here, I really like it, but there are things that my HTC phones did better. No complaints here, no OS is perfect. I really like the iPhone 6, exactly same size as my HTC one. I'm excited about Apple pay, Google wallet used to be awesome,but carriers killed it for ISISl mobile wallet.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

the1m.polo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Same here, I really like it, but there are things that my HTC phones did better. No complaints here, no OS is perfect. I really like the iPhone 6, exactly same size as my HTC one. I'm excited about Apple pay, Google wallet used to be awesome,but carriers killed it for ISISl mobile wallet.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I too came off an M7 then M8 and on to the iPhone 6 ... Htc was a perfect transition device because both of Apple and Htc's simplicity and attention to details.. I too miss some htc ones features but I feel like they're offset by the iPhone 6 gains such as updates, finger scanner, voice chat, and better apps

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes I made the switch when the 5s was released, for pretty much the same reasons.
Played around with jail breaking for a little but reminded me too much of messing around with Android roms and such. Never got into bashing any of the platforms though, I like what works for me, and right now that’s IOS. Don’t have the 6 I’m trying to hold out for the 6S.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I was an apple bashing android user for years, mostly because of Apple's practices which i still don't agree with. Now That after 9 androids I have made the plunge and I love iOS so far. I no longer have a desire for customization on a phone and running different Roms and themes, I just want the phone to work and look good doing it. I'm happy with the move and I see myself on iOS for a while to come. Anyone else new to team iPhone from Android, if so what's your experience so far?

I left Android for the same reasons. I was also an Apple-basher but have since come to appreciate the quality, reliability, and consistency iOS/iPhone provide.

mikepolinske

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I was never really an Apple basher as I've had an iPod touch, then a MacBook Pro and then an iPad. I just didn't like the small iPhone screens. Now that the iPhone 6 Plus is out I have one ordered and am looking forward to the move from my Samsung Galaxy S5. I've already switched from my Gear 2 smart watch to the Pebble Steel as I love getting notifications on my watch and so I'll be ready for the 6 Plus when it comes. My biggest concern is that in order to use iMessage I'll have to give up Google Voice/Hangouts. I liked being able to access my GV messages and voicemails from any device. I'll probably still keep a toe in the Android world as I still have a Nexus 7 Wi-Fi tablet.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I was never really an Apple basher as I've had an iPod touch, then a MacBook Pro and then an iPad. I just didn't like the small iPhone screens. Now that the iPhone 6 Plus is out I have one ordered and am looking forward to the move from my Samsung Galaxy S5. I've already switched from my Gear 2 smart watch to the Pebble Steel as I love getting notifications on my watch and so I'll be ready for the 6 Plus when it comes. My biggest concern is that in order to use iMessage I'll have to give up Google Voice/Hangouts. I liked being able to access my GV messages and voicemails from any device. I'll probably still keep a toe in the Android world as I still have a Nexus 7 Wi-Fi tablet.

There's a Google Hangouts app in the app store, works pretty good.

mikepolinske

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
There's a Google Hangouts app in the app store, works pretty good.

I have that as well, since doing the GV/Hangouts integration. I'm looking forward to the continuity and handoff features between iOS and Yosemite and suspect they will only really work with Apple apps, not Google.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Not new to iOS, but new to leaving BlackBerry completely behind me and making iPhone my daily driver. I use a Lumia 1520 and will be getting the Note 4 but I've finally just dropped what I'd been trying so hard to work for me and just turned completely to what actually DOES work for me - my iPhone 6!!!!
It's liberating!!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Good to see someone likes it, I mainly am looking at getting an iPhone because I can use Apple Care and the assorted Apple stores to get something fixed or replaced now instead of being without a phone for days like I do with Asurion and Android. Or I can keep using midrange devices for cheap and replacing them whenever, though that may be more expensive.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been waffling between Blackberry, Apple and Android for years. But Blackberry came up short, Android dropped the ball in epic fashion so I came back to Apple. So far, so good.

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Although I didn't switch to iPhone 6 first, I got an iPhone 5 a month ago. The university I go to has a lot of older buildings that block out signal, so wifi is the only thing available. I'm a hardcore android fan, but after being with apple and having a macbook and ipad, it just makes sense to stay with Apple since all there devices are integrated.

iman89

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually the opposite. I have had an iPhone since the first generation came out. Now I am really intrigued by the Galaxy Note 4. It looks really cool how it has multi tasking, something I have always wished the iPhone had. I will probably be taking the plunge very soon. Although I do love the Music Production apps Apple has on the iPhone, I figured I'd be doing most of my production on a laptop anyways. So it won't be a big deal. :)

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually the opposite. I have had an iPhone since the first generation came out. Now I am really intrigued by the Galaxy Note 4. It looks really cool how it has multi tasking, something I have always wished the iPhone had. I will probably be taking the plunge very soon. Although I do love the Music Production apps Apple has on the iPhone, I figured I'd be doing most of my production on a laptop anyways. So it won't be a big deal. :)

Good luck. I tried and failed a few times in the past. Now I own both but rarely use my galaxy

ChristinaMT

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
BB Storm to Note to iPhone 6+. Hubby has an iPhone and kids have iPods, switched for family sharing and easier messaging with kids. It's OK, I'm still adapting. Have only had it 4 days. Some things are easier, some things I miss already. I'm still eyeing the Note 4, but will give it 2 weeks before I decide whether to keep it or switch back.