iPhone 6 will not show attached photos?

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
When I send a photo to my wife's iPhone it is about 3 meg and is in jpg format. Her email in iphone is hotmail. She receives the message but the photo is not visible. Just a box with an x in it where photo should be. Photo comes through in ipad mini and ipad fine but she would have to be home to look at them that way. If I attached photo to mms she gets it fine but of course it is not full size nor res. iPhone "genius" at store no help at all. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hotmail is set up in default for protection purposes to not allow photos to appear unless you tap on them and choose to download it

Have her go into settings on a full browser and change the settings to allow it

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I've tried tapping but I will look for that setting by logging into hotmail on a computer. It makes no sense though because her ipads get the photos without doing anything special.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hotmail is set up in default for protection purposes to not allow photos to appear unless you tap on them and choose to download it

Have her go into settings on a full browser and change the settings to allow it
I just go out of hotmail. There is no such setting.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I mostly use Gmail. No issues like that. In my Outlook email the photo shows as square that says tap to download. Works fine.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for trying but no help. As I explained pictures show fine on computers and tablets. Only fail in iphone.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
See if this info helps any.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...w/15447e0f-5a7c-4657-81ae-7668351d0a7b?auth=1
If it doesn't help, try asking in the Windows Central forum. It's a Microsoft issue, not Apple.
OK, I found a solution although never the cause of the problem. Although I almost always use gmail I have my own msn email addy from way, Way back when there was just AOL and MSN.

I sent my wife an email with picture from my msn addy in the outlook app of my phone and it came right through. She didn't have to tap or anything. No idea why gmail is fine when sent to ipad but not iphone. I'm an Android guy because of stuff like this. iPhones are weird.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OK, I found a solution although never the cause of the problem. Although I almost always use gmail I have my own msn email addy from way, Way back when there was just AOL and MSN.

I sent my wife an email with picture from my msn addy in the outlook app of my phone and it came right through. She didn't have to tap or anything. No idea why gmail is fine when sent to ipad but not iphone. I'm an Android guy because of stuff like this. iPhones are weird.

Don't think it's the phone. I have 4 Gmail accounts, one Outlook, one Comcast, one iCloud, and two I use a profile with. I never had this issue with sending photos. I don't see others with the issue either. It has to be Microsoft. Or the Hotmail. But as far as I know, the iPhone does not have this problem. It's somewhere in the accounts.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
But nobody can tell me where including Apple genius at store. It has to be a setting in the iphone yet nobody has any idea what setting or how to access it. At least I can send her pictures now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But nobody can tell me where including Apple genius at store. It has to be a setting in the iphone yet nobody has any idea what setting or how to access it. At least I can send her pictures now.

Why not ask Microsoft? Does Hotmail have support?

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Not on iphones. It is an iphone app. Hotmail works fine. All my attached photos went through to computers and tablets. That means it is the iphone app that uses hotmail as a source. It is an iphone problem not a hotmail problem.

There is an outlook app for Android. Maybe there is one for iphone. If so that app would be supported. The native iphone email app is not supported by Microsoft

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not on iphones. It is an iphone app. Hotmail works fine. All my attached photos went through to computers and tablets. That means it is the iphone app that uses hotmail as a source. It is an iphone problem not a hotmail problem.

There is an outlook app for Android. Maybe there is one for iphone. If so that app would be supported. The native iphone email app is not supported by Microsoft

But look around. Who else but you is having this issue? Have you tried deleting Hotmail in Settings? Then add it back in?

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
No. It used to work then for no apparent reason didn't. My wife is reluctant to let me do much of anything to her phone. Her attitude is she can always see the picture later. She won't ever really but in her mind it's there. It bothered me more than her. Now she can see a picture when it is fresh and there is reason behind it.

Whatever. I do not really care now. I found a way around it. If it were my phone I would do a factory reset and install everything fresh but she hates to change anything. She seldom updates apps and she hates to do apple updates because one of them wiped all her pictures a couple of years ago. Not all the pictures were back up in cloud or ipad so they were just gone.

Anyway thanks everyone for trying. As far as I am concerned the matter is settled. I will just send pics via outlook. No skin off of my nose. If we ever do figure out what caused the issue I will post solution here. I doubt it though. The only way she will mess with the phone is if some work related or family related picture doesn't go to her iphone and she needs it. I don't anticipate that happening.

Thanks everybody

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh