iPhone 6 users upgrading to the 7?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks. So what are you iPhone 6 users doing this time - upgrading to the 7 or holding back?

I'm holding on to my iPhone 6. It's been giving me great service and I can easily get another year out of it minimum. Not really blown away with the 7 either so I'll wait for the 10th anniversary edition.

BlueAquarian

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I had problems with my iphone and Apple (apple care) gave me a new phone. For that reason alone, I will keep it for another year. It has treated me well these past two years.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm upgrading to the matte black 128gb 7plus. I didn't upgrade last year because I just wasn't impressed. I doubt I ever do that again though. Especially since I'm since I have yearly upgrades to take advantage of.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm upgrading to the matte black 128gb 7plus. I didn't upgrade last year because I just wasn't impressed. I doubt I ever do that again though. Especially since I'm since I have yearly upgrades to take advantage of.

I honestly don't see it worthwhile upgrading to the 7. But the 7plus is worth considering if only for the camera upgrade.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Nope.

I've got another year on my AppleCare+, and unless it goes up in a little puff of smoke or can't deal with whatever happens with the next iOS (iOS 10 so far, so good) - and even then, if my apps do what I need them to do, no mad rush on that front, either - I have no plans for 'upgrading' anytime soon.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I dropped my 6 in my beer at a music festival a few weeks ago and the microphone no longer works. So I need the 7, I probably would have gotten anyway if the mic still worked.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Nothing new in the 7 that I can't do on my 6s.

Given the 3D Touch option of the 6s it doesn't feel too far behind. That's where the lacking of my 6 becomes apparent though.

Then again, having never used the 3D Touch I'm not quite aware of what exactly I'm missing out on.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Sorry had a typo there. I meant the iPhone 6 - it doesn't have it.

Gotcha. Yeah, not sure how I feel about the function honestly. Had it on my 6s through all Betas available and the pro was lifting to see notifications without Touch ID unlocking the phone to quick. The con was when phone was in pocket and moving around or sitting to standing you are constantly waking the device. I have the 7 now since yesterday and have it turned off.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Gotcha. Yeah, not sure how I feel about the function honestly. Had it on my 6s through all Betas available and the pro was lifting to see notifications without Touch ID unlocking the phone to quick. The con was when phone was in pocket and moving around or sitting to standing you are constantly waking the device. I have the 7 now since yesterday and have it turned off.

That is something I was wondering about as well. It would seem to be a strain on the battery if the device constantly keeps waking. I wonder if other phones (certain Motorola models) have this issue and how they solved it.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

Are you sure it does it in your pocket? I would think the proximity sensor wouldn't let that happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR