IPhone 6 Plus: reviews and impressions

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the 6 Plus about 3 weeks ago because I was wanting a bit more battery life and frankly a larger screen than what my 6 was giving me (had it since launch). What I wasn't expecting was how gorgeous the Plus' screen is!!! Totally blew me away. And the battery life is truly amazing!! Makes the 6 look pretty weak in terms of battery.

I will admit the 6 Plus is a bit harder to pocket and carry around, it isn't bad once you get used to it. It does take some readjustment though, if you're used to a 5S or 6, let alone a 4/4S. After getting used to the Plus' size, I put the 6 up for sale. Didn't take long to get rid of and got good money for it.

What I didn't expect though was how much I used my Plus more while at home vs my iPad Air 2. So much so, that the Air 2 hasn't been getting much love. In fact, I think I will sell my iPad, since frankly, the Plus serves me well enough. (And I have a retina Macbook for more intensive work).

Anyone find themselves using their iPads MUCH less once they got their Plus??

mymusicworks

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I got the 6 Plus about 3 weeks ago because I was wanting a bit more battery life and frankly a larger screen than what my 6 was giving me (had it since launch). What I wasn't expecting was how gorgeous the Plus' screen is!!! Totally blew me away. And the battery life is truly amazing!! Makes the 6 look pretty weak in terms of battery.

I will admit the 6 Plus is a bit harder to pocket and carry around, it isn't bad once you get used to it. It does take some readjustment though, if you're used to a 5S or 6, let alone a 4/4S. After getting used to the Plus' size, I put the 6 up for sale. Didn't take long to get rid of and got good money for it.

What I didn't expect though was how much I used my Plus more while at home vs my iPad Air 2. So much so, that the Air 2 hasn't been getting much love. In fact, I think I will sell my iPad, since frankly, the Plus serves me well enough. (And I have a retina Macbook for more intensive work).

Anyone find themselves using their iPads MUCH less once they got their Plus??

So true also battery really superb

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had my plus for about a week and half. It has been awesome! I was very hesitant. I actually returned my first 6 because I thought it was big and went back to 5s. Then I gave the 6 another shot and loved it. Perfect size for one handed use. But I was wanting better battery and screen. Man does this thing fill that void. Expect for battery but I think that's because I can't put it down. The screen real state and resolution is amazing. I can tell a difference between the 6 and 6 plus. I can't go back. It was of course an adjustment but it is definitely worth it. Replaced my iPad too.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 6, which I really loved...
But the display on the Plus is vastly superior, it's as simple as that, period.
The email layout, calendar layout, the way everything switches to landscape mode if I want it to, the keyboard and oh yes, the camera.
And while I was perfectly satisfied with my battery life on the 6, this is the icing on the cake, it totally rocks.
The size does make portability something I need to think about, but it's no big deal.
Awesome phone.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
In the Android world there is no perception that the large format phones like the Note 3 and 4 or Nexus 6 are one-handed phones. They are not unless you have extremely large hands. I think the plus is indeed a two handed phone....more comfortable to use and safer....for you and the phone! Just need to get used to using two hands. On the positive side you can now actually read web pages and such on your phone. When I took the 5s for T Mobile's 'Test Drive' I was pretty shocked that this was, until several months ago, an iPhone standard. I suppose you get used to it but reading is impractical. This was the size of typical android phones three years ago.

nancybout

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok I've had this phone since October... It's now may! 7 months.
I have no bending mad the size I Love it!
I do wear skinny jeans and with a case I can slide in back pocket ...I don't do it daily BUT I have done it.
It's a thin phone so it's really a non issue .
It works just works I had minimal issues maybe a reboot a few times and keyboard froze a few times.
This is it,I am happy I love the apps and as my daily driver (camera gps apps) it's all I need! MORE than what I need!
I may just keep this one... Or may update to the 6 plus S lol
GOOD LUCK!
The piiMoreAppImg_20150516_114545.jpgthis pic is a 4s 5s and 6 taken w the 6 plus lol

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe i was reading on a 5 a few months ago. I got a 6 at launch and then when my GF moved over to my carrier, I gave her my phone and got the 6 plus. Its been great at the screen is what I use most. I hardly talk on the phone anymore...

nancybout

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure I probably write something I started w the six and loved it but traded for the plus and love it more!
BEST phone I've ever ever had 💗

fkpalm

Feb 20, 2002
Visit site
Went from note 4 to S6 edge to the 6 plus thought the note 4 was best phone I ever had until now with the 6 plus the battery life has been amazing. No looking back

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 6 plus for 7 months now and I have to say it's over taken the iPhone 4 as my all time favourite phone. I love the size, the screen quality, the amazing battery life, the camera. It's fast. What more could I want in a phone ❤️

SquireSCA

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I am pleased with mine. I left the iPhone behind with the iPhone 3G and have since been with Android...

I recently had a Nexus 6 but decided to leave VZW and switch to ATT in order to take advantage of their new Internet/TV/Cellular bundle that gives me Unlimited Data and cuts my bill in half...

Only problem was that ATT didn't really have any phones that were much better than what I had... It came down to the Note 5 and the 6S Plus. Both were a marginal step up in hardware, but the Note 5 was a step down in software... Still doesn't have the latest version of Android that my Nexus has had since July... The Note 5 has a much better screen, but it still felt like a downgrade... So I decided what the hell, I will try the iPhone...

It's a lot more limited than the Droids... Can't do some things at all, or as easily, but for all the essentials that you need a smartphone for, it works very well. Smooth, nice. Battery life is nowhere near as good as the Nexus, but better than the Note 5 that my wife decided on.

Overall I am pleased. It has limitations, but I knew that going in. Even as a huge Android fan, all things considered, I don't regret my decision...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro