• Welcome to the all-new iMore Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

iPhone 6 plus gets screwy while plugged in

will54880

Mar 19, 2015
Okay. I had posted previously regarding apps randomly opening, etc on my iPhone 6 plus. I did a reset and the problem is still there but only when the phone is charging. I am using an Apple usb cable. Thoughts as to why this only happens when the phone is plugged in?

warcraftWidow

Banned
Aug 12, 2010
Are you possibly saying something that can be interpreted as "hey Siri open app name"? Because "hey Siri" only works when phone is plugged in.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Just to double check what karen said, Go to settings --> general --> Siri and see if the allow "hey Siri" is turned on, if so, turn it off and see if your problem persists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
I guess the obvious one is have you tried a different charger and lightening charging cable to see if it may be a fault in the charger/lightening cable at all?