iPhone 6 manufacturing issue?

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this has been up before, but i just read about the Iphone 6, and a lot of users reported that their Iphone 6 got scratches already(!) What happened with the Iphone 6??

This is from discussions.apple.com:

"Have been taking EXTREMELY good care of my 6+, but the corners already have visible scratches. Anyone else experiencing this?"

"Same issue. Hair line scratches on the far left and right sides of the screen. Not sure where they came from as I only keep my phone in my pocket and nothing else. Technically even if I kept keys in my pocket it still should not scratch. Have had the phone since Tuesday"

"Me too Had my iPhone 6 for a week now and in just a few days I've managed to pick up 3-4 scratches on the screen. My old iPhone 4 which I've had for almost four years has only one scratch. I'm very careful with my phones!"

"Yes absolutely!

I have a 4.7 iPhone 6 and after 6 days use the corners are showing a lot of very fine scratches.

It looks like someone has been at it with a fine grade sand paper.

Have been carefull with it, even keeping it in a soft case.

In comparison my 3 year old iPhone 4s has barely a scratch on it!"

"+1 on my 1 week old iPhone 6 there is lots of scuffs and scratches. I am careful with my phones and my 3G, 4 and 5 never had a scratch and had them all for 2 years each. Not good enough Apple"

"Ok, same here. This cant be real! I have watched the phone very much and today in the morning I have seen about 5 to 8 scratches. This can't be real. I was having iPhone 4, 4S, 5S and no one did have so much scratches in years like this one (iPhone 6 4.7) in 3 days of use! I was shocked! One scratch you can fill with fingernail. This can't be. Im very disapointed! For the phone in this price rank this is not acceptable! In 3 days of use the screen is like it would be 2 years old! On my Android that I was have it for 2 years before this phone there is not so much scratches like this! I hope Apple will do something about this!"

"I started to notice scratches showing up on my iPhone 6 after about a week. Since then there are more and more fine scratches. I have had the 3G, 4, 4S, 5 and 5S prior to this and never had this issue with them. I am disappointed Apple......."

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I got mine exactly a month ago on launch, have a case and screen protector, and no scratches even on the curved part of the screen where the protector doesn't cover.

itsmemuffins

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I'd say it just a lot of Samsung shills posting that. I've had mine for over a month now and I keep it naked. Not a scratch. Looks like new.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a case for it, apple leather case. But i want to take it off and have the phone nakid at home. Its gold, so i almost forgot how it look without the case! But i dont dare pulling it out of the leather case. It feels like torture, the phone will get some scuffs or scratches probably the upper or lower corners from pulling it in and out. Wish i went with the apple Silicon case instead, cus feels more safe to remove without scratching up the phone.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a case for it, apple leather case. But i want to take it off and have the phone nakid at home. Its gold, so i almost forgot how it look without the case! But i dont dare pulling it out of the leather case. It feels like torture, the phone will get some scuffs or scratches probably the upper or lower corners from pulling it in and out. Wish i went with the apple Silicon case instead, cus feels more safe to remove without scratching up the phone.

I take my leather cases on and off a lot. No issues.

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I take my leather cases on and off a lot. No issues.

Did you look really close like at the corners in sunlight?

I really want to take my leather case off, and maybe try the silicon case. But im too afraid scratching up the phone especially corners removing it. You need to kinda work a little to make it come off and the feeling i get from that... isnt good

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you look really close like at the corners in sunlight?

I really want to take my leather case off, and maybe try the silicon case. But im too afraid scratching up the phone especially corners removing it. You need to kinda work a little to make it come off and the feeling i get from that... isnt good

Not in sunlight but I'll do that next time I change it.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed I have a few light scratches on the top of the screen of my 6 plus. I'm assuming from sliding the phone in my pocket. Their not really noticeable but still peeved by it. I've had every iPhone since the 3GS and kept them all naked sliding them into my pocket and never had a scratch. This phones a month old and had a few. That's disappointing.

Before anyone comes on here saying blah blah put it in a case put a screen protector on it take care of it, I do take care of it. I only keep it in a case while I'm at work. At night when in charging it it lies on soft pillow case on my end table. I do take care of it. I don't like screen protectors. Or cases. Only case it at work due to the nature of my work (garbage man). I understand by not using these protections that I take a risk however a phone should not scratch this easily, just from sliding it into your pocket. It has its own dedicated pocket that I keep nothing else but the phone in. I even clean the lint and other debris out before pocketing it. I'm not angry, just annoyed. I'm sure more will follow. I'm just glad their so hard to see.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine since 2 days before launch day (yes, gloating! :cool:) and it has seen stretches of time without a case on, with a case on, with no screen protector now back with it. It is still in perfect condition. Maybe it's a specific batch?

avital

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Another batch issue:

Just above the headphone port, i found a tiny small black dot, looking like dust, dirt or something. Its really really tiny like a Went to Apple Store, and i found 3 phones with the same black little dot particle where the glass meat the headphone port. You really need a brigh light to see it (like in the apple store) They gave me a new phone but had to go through a couple of gold Iphone 6 to find one without this thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods