iphone 6 (IOS 11.3) won't ask for password and won't unlock

I

iMore Question

My iphone 6 with latest ios version (ios 11.3) is stuck.

My iphone has password and touch id is disabled. Home button doesn't respond (hw problem :) that started to appear recently) and power button does not allow me to switch the phone off (it only allows me to wake the phone up).

When I navigate on application icons or notifications, I can click on them, but the touch seems to be ignored (even applications from the fast menu sliding from below, like the calculator or alarm). I simply can not unlock the iphone, because I am not asked with the password.

May be it related to Facebook app, since I recently agree to use the 4 digit password by error? Any clue?

Current plan is to drain battery down and force restart.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iphone 6 with latest ios version (ios 11.3) is stuck.

My iphone has password and touch id is disabled. Home button doesn't respond (hw problem :) that started to appear recently) and power button does not allow me to switch the phone off (it only allows me to wake the phone up).

When I navigate on application icons or notifications, I can click on them, but the touch seems to be ignored (even applications from the fast menu sliding from below, like the calculator or alarm). I simply can not unlock the iphone, because I am not asked with the password.

May be it related to Facebook app, since I recently agree to use the 4 digit password by error? Any clue?

Current plan is to drain battery down and force restart.

Thanks

Either restore the device and set it up as new or make a Genius Bar appointment with a Apple Store to have them check to see if the display is functional.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW