Iphone 6 Earpiece Volume Very Low?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I just got the iPhone 6 Plus and I have the volume up all the way, but sound over the phone seems to be much lower. In fact, I can barely hear the people speaking.

If the plastic piece is off and the volume is all the way up and you still can barely hear someone there may be a problem. I know my speaker is loud although I couldn't hear anything until I took that plastic piece off.

maskedcarrot

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I agree. My earpiece on my previous 5S was much louder than my 6.

I wouldn't say that it is very low, but it is definitely noticeable. I have actually heard from a few people already who say the same thing. Even a few 6 Plus users I know have complained about the lower earpiece volume.

So I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with people's phones here that would dictate a phone swap. I think it's just the way it is with the 6. Probably something to do with Apple and their obsession with thinness.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is great. I run with earbuds, and even with traffic noises etc. I don't have the volume too far above halfway. I am using Sony ear buds, have you tried different ear pieces?

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Had this same problem could barely hear the person I was talking to even with speaker phone on. It weird because music and video would be loud coming through speaker. I fixed my problem with a jailbreak tweak called amplified give it a try if your jailbroken

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Wilson1

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I too am now experiencing very low volume levels on my iPhone 6+. I'm making an appointment tomorrow morning with the Apple Genius Bar to resolve this issue. I suddenly didn't have hearing issues... it's the device.. I'm having to use the speakerphone in order to hear my phone calls. JimW

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're having volume issues, try going to Settings >General >Accessibility >Hearing Aids>Toggle on Hearing Aid Mode. This increased the volume of mine and my Wife's phones. Especially hers.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR