IPhone 5S vs IPad mini

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Just brought in Verizon fios for my home internet, phone and cable tv. My service is pretty fast.
My IPad mini is getting close to 60mb down and 35 up.
My IPhone 5S is only maxing out at 45mb down and 30up. Is the wifi signal on the 5S not as strong as the new IPad mini??? Any input would help. Maybe a setting I need to change??
Thanks, Vinny

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Just brought in Verizon fios for my home internet, phone and cable tv. My service is pretty fast.
My IPad mini is getting close to 60mb down and 35 up.
My IPhone 5S is only maxing out at 45mb down and 30up. Is the wifi signal on the 5S not as strong as the new IPad mini??? Any input would help. Maybe a setting I need to change??
Thanks, Vinny

The iPad mini(provided you have the retina model) supports wifi MIMO. And has more wifi antennas than the iPhone 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I do have the retina model. I made a mistake, the ipad mini is getting 75 down while the 5S is getting 45-47 down, major difference when both devices are sitting next to each other and all apps are cleared out. Should there be that kind of difference or is that the Norm??
Thank You for the input,
Vinny

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
If your just running speed tests I wouldn't worry about it since day to day you aren't going to be pushing those speeds, if your latency is high then you really have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You're still getting good speeds on the iPhone even though its slower than the iPad. You might want to give Apple a call and check to see if there is a problem or something.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW