Iphone 5S setup

I

iMore Question

I upgraded my iPhone and am now trying to set it up. Cloud has weirdly never worked for me, so I planned to set it up from iTunes. Unfortunately, I tried last afternoon, last night, and today, and each time it says "connect to iTunes". I connect the cord from my phone to my laptop, and the iPhone promptly says "connected to iTunes". Then, something must happen, because a few minutes (or hours, or the next day, because trust me, I've tried them all) later, I check the phone and it, again, says "connect to iTunes". Something is disconnecting it. And I don't know what it is or how I can fix it.

Is it my computer? Is the phone not working? Do I need to have it connected for more than the eight hours I was asleep? Nothing is happening, and I'm tempted to start it as a new phone, but I don't want to lose all of my information.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello Welcome to iMore ... Try backing your device up to iCloud, then doing a full wipe and then restore from iCloud. That should fix your problem and keep your data intact.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am confused to a point in this question where you say what at times you know how and what you want to do but why do you say that you are keeping it hooked up over night and then it disconnects. Do you know once you tether it to iTunes and once recognized you are good to go to click on the phone and on the next screen it will give you all your info you need to walk through setup. Choose setup as new and once you select it if once it checks for the latest OS and if you have 7.0.4 leave it alone once you choose to set up as new. Then just choose the items at the top what you wish to put on the phone be it music, Photos, videos, etc.and then select apps and if you already have apps on your panels you can sync them on the phone.

You have me confused about what you keep it hooked up over night to iTunes?? Can you explain that, What you are trying to do by that. Thank you.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello Welcome to iMore ... Try backing your device up to iCloud, then doing a full wipe and then restore from iCloud. That should fix your problem and keep your data intact.
Her did mention that is is not happy with iCloud and feels better using iTunes, I just don't know what he is trying to acomplish by saying he is leaving it hooked up to iTunes all night?? Parts of the his question I am just not getting?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Her did mention that is is not happy with iCloud and feels better using iTunes, I just don't know what he is trying to acomplish by saying he is leaving it hooked up to iTunes all night?? Parts of the his question I am just not getting?

Yeah, sounds to me like the device is having a issue with iTunes. That's why I recommended iCloud.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro