Iphone 5S sensor problems

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Never knew so many people had calibrated surface plates in their homes.

Has anyone said their game play was affected? Not in theory, I mean actual play? Has anyone reported being lost in woods? Only thing i read was someone followed their phone's driving directions onto Alaskan airport taxi way.

The point I am trying to make is this is not such a huge issue.

JSHidaka

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Never knew so many people had calibrated surface plates in their homes.

Has anyone said their game play was affected? Not in theory, I mean actual play? Has anyone reported being lost in woods? Only thing i read was someone followed their phone's driving directions onto Alaskan airport taxi way.

The point I am trying to make is this is not such a huge issue.

hmmm AFAIK the driving directions things was a apple maps issues...

either way I still dont have my 5s on my hands... might be only worried if its true that it affect Panoramic Photos.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
hmmm AFAIK the driving directions things was a apple maps issues...

either way I still dont have my 5s on my hands... might be only worried if its true that it affect Panoramic Photos.

No problems with Pano Photos
umy4y6em.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ankush77

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
there still seems to be issues with 5s sensor ,sometimes complex technologies creates more complexities to life.
I think it will be sorted out

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually wasn't so much an apple map issue. Rather driver not getting nose out of phone screen and looking out the window. Driver was fortunate wasn't traveling near grand canyon. Might have done a Thelma and Louise !

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Just called the apple store myself. On a flat surface (used a level to check) I'm off 5-6 degrees. Vertically and horizontally it's off 3-4. One thing that made me notice this, is when I started using a wallpaper that has a center image (small), set it so it's in the center (when applying wallpaper), then go to the home screen and see how it stays off center respective to the icons etc.. That's annoying. The background motion is causing to happen. I guess I can try and replace it, ad hopefully get lucky. I don't want to wait past the 14 days otherwise they'll hand me a refurb.

Update: just got mine replaced and problem solved. The new one came with 7.0.2 out of the box..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

rich146

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
you were going to use an Iphone as a level to build something as important as a house!? That's crazy man! Use a spirit level like any proper builder would!!lol!?

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine is off as well. Really hope this can be resolved with software, and not require the whole device to be replaced.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Went to the apple store several times this week in Albuquerque. I literally tried just about every iPhone 5s and a few 5c models they had on display to see if their sensors were off. Every single phone I tested was off. Tested flat, all were off anywhere from -2 to -5 degrees. Tested on the side(SIM card slot), all were off from -3 to -5 degrees. Tested standing right side up(charge port on the bottom), all were off from -1 to -3 degrees. Only one apple genius out of 3 that I talked to who actually owned the 5s himself was aware that it is an issue. And yes I did feel awkward going from table to table testing the sensor problem, but anything for science! Lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77