IPhone 5S iOS 7 GPS accuracy issues?

stevenraustin

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Just curious if any other 5s users have seen any issues with mapping accuracy since the 7.0.3 update? This has not been just Apple maps but in Navigon, TomTom, and Garmin apps. Worked perfectly prior to 7.0.3

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Just curious if any other 5s users have seen any issues with mapping accuracy since the 7.0.3 update? This has not been just Apple maps but in Navigon, TomTom, and Garmin apps. Worked perfectly prior to 7.0.3

I have not run into this problem ... at least not so far.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

stevenraustin

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
It shows me way off my route just going through fields and shopping centers. It looks like calibrating compass a few times corrected it so it's easily fixed.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes I've experienced my first problem. The other day my girlfriend and I went to the city, the maps application took us to the opposite direction to what we entered on the iPhone. It was wrong by 2 streets up. First mistake... Boy was she pissed cause she had to walk two blocks in heels lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any issues with this so far. I use the MapMyWalk app along with Navigon and both apps have been very accurate since then.

ShannonKJohns

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I use Waze and Google Maps, and both have been experiencing issues. Map would get hung up and after driving a mile or two, GPS would catch on and move to current position.

Tudyk

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I use Waze and Google Maps, and both have been experiencing issues. Map would get hung up and after driving a mile or two, GPS would catch on and move to current position.

EXACTLY what is happening to me. I have tested it on Apple Maps, Google Maps and Waze as well. It will set up my directions ok, but then it doesn't keep up with my movement- gets hung up and then the dot catches up to the current position after about 1/2 -2 miles plus. That is a long distance when you are in the city with lots of turns to take. Also, the city route I first experienced this with is the same route I have used before in my iP4s.

Any solutions to this?

ShannonKJohns

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried using the Apps when the phone is charging vs not charging? I'm noticing that the GPS won't function properly when the phone is plugged in, but works fine when unplugged.

numaris

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. Keep getting "No GPS signal" on my Waze app, regardless of being plugged in or not. GPS apps have been rendered useless now. Worked fine previously. What's up??

sjthomas

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
In nov. Was last time I used my google gps and it worked fine as always, but , last night tried using it and it had my current location a mile or more off started driving figured it was a glitch and would change but no. So went to diff. GPS app same problem went to third gps app same thing so it's not my apps ,it's the iphone 5s . Now the question is when will Apple fix this since I'm sure there are a lot of people that really on their gps for important things like work .

sjthomas

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
In nov. Was last time I used my google gps and it worked fine as always, but , last night tried using it and it had my current location a mile or more off started driving figured it was a glitch and would change but no. So went to diff. GPS app same problem went to third gps app same thing so it's not my apps ,it's the iphone 5s . Now the question is when will Apple fix this since I'm sure there are a lot of people that really on their gps for important things like work .

Yes it's me again I only posted few hours ago played with phone and got it working. Went into settings ,then into privacy , turned off location services then rebooted phone then back to location services turn it back on then scrolled down to my gps apps turn them off then back on.
Problem solved all gps apps are right on now ,telenav , google , maps that comes on phone and my where the hell am I app, all good. So give this a try if your having same problem .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox