Iphone 5S cases

Brilliance79

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I haven't looked at every Thread on here yet so forgive me if this question has been asked already.... Has anyone heard or read anything about the 5S Lifeproof or Otterbox cases with Touch ID? It would suck not being able to use that feature (if it's as good as apple says) if they just make the same old cases.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
From what I have actually called these companies and including Seidio which is my case of choice since they make the Obex Waterproof case for IP 5 these will not be compatible with 5S because of the touch sensor home button. They will not need to remake ANY of their other cases except the waterproofs because they are the same demensions as the 5. I just ordered the same Convert combo case by Seidio through the iMore store which will fit the the 5 and 5S. I am upgrading to 5S. Hope this helps.

Let me make sure you understand that I am again only talking about the waterproof cases these companies make that they told me over the phone.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't looked at every Thread on here yet so forgive me if this question has been asked already.... Has anyone heard or read anything about the 5S Lifeproof or Otterbox cases with Touch ID? It would suck not being able to use that feature (if it's as good as apple says) if they just make the same old cases.

Otterbox just made a case that works with the 5 and 5s. Instead of rubber covering the home button, the screen protector covers the entire front, and I believe there is a circular cutout for the home button. I ordered it on Friday hoping it gets here before the 5s does.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
When the OP mentioned LifeProof this is why I answered about the waterproof cases only. I have been told by otterbox, Seidio as I indicated I am using like I have now on my 4S and other case companies I was interested in ALL their phones that fit the the 5, fit the 5S again except for the waterproof. Their normal cases...No problem.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would have bought the Obex waterproof by Seidio but it does not work yet and they will be coming out with one too, I went back to the Seidio convert as I have already mentioned.

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I just didn't like the plastic piece that covers the screen. Too much play and not very touch friendly. At least the waterproof series.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering, but what was the problem with them?

I actually returned mine after a white water rafting trip...the case itself was waterproof, so in that aspect it was a good case, but pictures and video were terrible with it (it develops moisture in between layers, which makes for hazy photos and video efforts. I had the Lifeproof VUE case, I have read a few good reviews about the Nuud variant of LifeProof cases, but some people mentioned that the Nuud model is not as water proof, and that they noticed a good bit of moisture around the edge of their phone after removing it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I actually returned mine after a white water rafting trip...the case itself was waterproof, so in that aspect it was a good case, but pictures and video were terrible with it (it develops moisture in between layers, which makes for hazy photos and video efforts. I had the Lifeproof VUE case, I have read a few good reviews about the Nuud variant of LifeProof cases, but some people mentioned that the Nuud model is not as water proof, and that they noticed a good bit of moisture around the edge of their phone after removing it.

even having the case in your pocket when you are working out or doing heavy activity the camera lens cover on the case will fog up and there will be moisture on the outside of the case. I don't have it for the waterproof aspect so I don't really care but just wanted to add to Sean's point.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, but what was the problem with them?
The first one the screen protector would stick to the retina display and would not make the touch as accurate. It would get bubbles under it and the 2nd gen case from what i hear is not too much better but a little. Otterbox bought them out.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have heard this from more than one person like 5-6 on the new ones.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have now, or previously used Element cases? Looks like they have some serious protection, but the higher end models come at a price.

For drop protection without perceivable bulk and weight (probably a subjective thing), what other cases offer good overall protection for outdoor activities (yard work, garage projects) and exercise (hiking, biking)? Would that same case still be pocketable and easily handle daily office use?

Harley Kid

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I am using an Otterbox Defender on my 4s and a Ballistic Hydro series on my Android. Although I am unsure their "water proof" design, I can attest that both have saved my phones from some nasty falls and abuse. I have been looking for a case for my next 5s and have read great reviews about the NazTech "Vault" case but have never seen one in the wild. Anyone else seen/used the NazTech? I appears to be quite a rugged case.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox just made a case that works with the 5 and 5s. Instead of rubber covering the home button, the screen protector covers the entire front, and I believe there is a circular cutout for the home button. I ordered it on Friday hoping it gets here before the 5s does.

I was eyeing the exact same case. I balked though because its presently only available in black.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner