iPhone 5S and sending MMS over ooredoo Qatar

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody,

I currently live in Qatar, I bought my iPhone 5S from Apple.com, the T-Mobile model when I was in the US. I then returned to Qatar, and was using Vodafone Qatar which was working properly on my 5S but they had no LTE so I decided to move to the other carrier here.

I ported my number to ooredoo Qatar, me(5S) and my dad(4S). Since then we both are facing issues sending MMS to anyone, whether locally on the same network, to Vodafone Qatar or internationally. We have a texting plan, and MMS is enabled but whenever we try to send anything the iPhone would try to send then stops showing "Not delivered" with the exclamation mark "!".

I called my new carrier (ooredoo Qatar) which is an iPhone partner. I asked them for help, they asked me to reset the network settings, and reboot my device (Power + Home button). This helped fix it temporary, I was able to MMS all my friends. By the way I was still on iOS 7.0.4.

I updated to iOS 7.0.6 then tried to MMS some friends yesterday locally, and overseas but none of them were sent. Believe it or not, I tried to send over 70 MMS messages already not a single one passed!

I called my carrier to ask for help they suggested the same again but nothing, they asked me to go through the whole troubleshooting steps on Apple.com and in the end they asked me to restore to factory settings using iTunes. They also asked me if I could enter the MMS APN manually on my device (Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network), but I don't have that option, and no way I could have it since they are an official iPhone partner so they got Carrier Settings stored on Apple servers, but they claim the device they sell got that option enabled.

Steps I tried so far:
1. Turn off Cellular Data, and 4G then back on.
2. Turn off MMS then back on.
3. Reset Network Settings.
4. Reset All Settings.
5. Restore using iTunes.
6. Call Apple > Details below.

So I decided to call Apple maybe they can do something and help me sort this issue as I am fed up of how unhelpful my carrier customer care is. Apple care kept be aware that their options are really limited since I am abroad and they got no access to my carrier. They did some diagnostic to make sure nothing is wrong with my phone, they then opened a case and asked me if my carrier can call them and provide them with the case ID so Apple Care staff explains the issue, or if I can invite their customer care support in a conference call with Apple Care.

I decided to pay a visit to one of their branches in a popular mall in Qatar, I explained my issue to an employee there who helps everyone with their device related issues. He tried the basic troubleshooting steps which I already tried and of course nothing was fixed. He then asked me to speak with the store manager. I had a chance to meet the store manager and in the end he told me that there is a chance all iPhone users on ooredoo Qatar are facing this issue too.

I called Apple Care US again at night, I spent an hour thirty minutes over the phone with a super advisor, he did his best helping me fix this issue but again it was not resolved. He then told me that there is a chance the settings provided by the carrier in the Carrier Bundle is incorrect causing such an issue to occur, and there is nothing Apple could do about it. It's the carrier responsibility to push the correct Carrier Bundle to Apple Servers.

I am really sorry for making you read all this... I am just hoping maybe someone else in this world had the same issue one day and found a fix to it.... :(

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I think that it's something with the APN settings. The APN settings should be showing up. Try seeing if it's there after a restore.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think that it's something with the APN settings. The APN settings should be showing up. Try seeing if it's there after a restore.

Unfortunately there is no way to manually edit the APN. I have checked the ipcc (Carrier Bundle) file that was downloaded by iTunes myself and my carrier did not allow the manual APN settings to show.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no way to manually edit the APN. I have checked the ipcc (Carrier Bundle) file that was downloaded by iTunes myself and my carrier did not allow the manual APN settings to show.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Are there any Profiles installed in the General settings?

jbheart25

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I think the problem is when you used vodafone. I remember before I installed the internet profile package from vodafone, there was an option to manually put the APN. After I installed it, I can't see it again even I remove the internet profile setting.

Try to ask vodafone to restore your fone to its original settings prior to installation of their internet profile package.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox