iPhone 5c issues

bullitosaladino

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
So my iphone needs to be restored because I installed a specific Cydia package. Now when I swipe and unlock my phone everything fades to black and restarts - every time.

I have been trying to restore the phone to factory settings with itunes and an ipsw for my iphone.

It is an iphone 5c, A1532 model.

With the phone in DFU mode I have tried the following files to restore -

iPhone5,3_7.1.2_11D257_Restore.ipsw
iPhone5,4_7.1.2_11D257_Restore.ipsw

The 5,3 file says it will restore in itunes - goes through extracting then says the device is not eligible for this build,
The 5,4 file says the "iPhone could not be restored because the firmware is not compatible.

What am I doing wrong? I don't want to upgrade to ios8 without a jailbreak, but it looks like I am stuck with a bricked phone unless I do.

What are the other alternatives?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

bullitosaladino

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks - so is their no way to restore my iPhone 5c to iOS 7? Wanted to keep my jailbreak badly.

Can I get into a PWNED DFU mode on my iPhone? Tried with redsnow but I don't believe it supports my iPhone.

bullitosaladino

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Okay. Thanks for everyone's help. One more question I had - If I upgrade to iOS 8 - is it possible now or in the future to downgrade to iOS 7?

And if the answer is no, I'm guessing I'm stuck waiting for an iOS 8 jailbreak to enjoy my freedom.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Thanks for everyone's help. One more question I had - If I upgrade to iOS 8 - is it possible now or in the future to downgrade to iOS 7?

And if the answer is no, I'm guessing I'm stuck waiting for an iOS 8 jailbreak to enjoy my freedom.

No. Once Apple stops signing an older version of iOS, there’s no going back. Period. Ever.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods