iPhone 5c comparison

iPhone519

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm buying a new phone for a friend on contract, and I'm currently choosing between two phones that I can get for a good monthly deal and at $0: the iPhone 5c or the Galaxy S4. I have no idea which to get.

But, I'm not buying for me, I'm buying for her.

She isn't an overly tech savvy person, and takes a little effort to get used to technology she isn't used to. She doesn't do any heavy use on her phone currently, no movie watching, barely if any YouTube streaming, and no music storing. Basically, she uses the her cell phone for one purpose and that is to treat it as a cell phone- something that call and text, and take the odd picture.

Which should I get? I know both are good phones and need opinion because I am too new to iPhone to make a decision.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
iPhone for sure, it's a lot easier to use for less tech savvy people, and will just be an overall better experience for her. Plus if her friends and family happen to have iPhone or any iOS device she can use iMessage which is awesome!

melmurphy

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I don,t know anything about the GalaxyS4 but being a less tech savvy person myself I can say that the iPhone has been easy to learn to use.
If you have an iPhone and get one for your friend it may be easier to help if your friend can,t figure something out.

anon8433722

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend the 5C to someone that isn't tech savvy. A person can enjoy Android, namely the experience found on a Galaxy device, but keep in mind that hardware tends to last longer on the Apple side than in other ecosystems. It's safe to say the Galaxy S4 will get Android 5.0 or at the least a community supported variant. Beyond that? Who knows.

People are still rocking iPhone 4's and 4S models. There is a big difference in Apple's quality versus Samsung's. It will be evident over time. From the cheaper build quality on the Galaxy, bloatware preinstalled by the carrier, and obnoxious customizations by Samsung the iPhone will be a better choice in the long run.

iPhone519

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Ended up getting a blue iPhone 5c and couldn't have made a better decision. She picked up the phone and began using it instantly without any glaring difficulties. She's owned an Android device before, and the learning curve was much steeper than iOS (which imo is a better UI). The user friendliness of the iPhone makes it one of best experiences on a phones she's ever had. The best part, being able to use iPhone exclusive features like imessage and FaceTime, which are incredibly underrated. Galaxy had a bunch of features and customizations, but honestly most of them are really useless. iPhone ftw!

franknasty

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Ended up getting a blue iPhone 5c and couldn't have made a better decision. She picked up the phone and began using it instantly without any glaring difficulties. She's owned an Android device before, and the learning curve was much steeper than iOS (which imo is a better UI). The user friendliness of the iPhone makes it one of best experiences on a phones she's ever had. The best part, being able to use iPhone exclusive features like imessage and FaceTime, which are incredibly underrated. Galaxy had a bunch of features and customizations, but honestly most of them are really useless. iPhone ftw!
Have you thought about what happens if you two part? Not a good idea IMHO.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR