Iphone 5 wont turn on

thegsr93

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone,
can someone please help me my iphone 5 has shut down and it wont turn on. it was working fine and it shut down and wont start back up. ive plugged it in to my wall charger and nothing happens. i plug it in to my computer and and it says its in recovery mode so i go on and press recover and it starts extrating software and then it says waiting for iphone and it just stays there. my iphone turn on and shows the apple and a loading bar underneath it but it doesnt load i left it over night and nothing happen it still in that frozen stage. ive also tried a hard reset and nothing shows up on the screen. any ideas on what it could be or what i can do to solve this problem?

thanks

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Throw it really hard against a brick wall. I am obviously joking...do what JustMe'd said. If that doesn't work, take a nice trip to an apple store!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
wel the phone is already black screen and it doesnt do anyhting till i plug it into the computer!

Dude, just follow the instructions above. Place the device in DFU mode while connected to iTunes. If you think that your device has a malfunctioning retina display then take it to the nearest Apple Store.

thegsr93

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
alright so i did what you told me and the screen is stuck on the apple and loading bar. and my computer says its waiting for phone! any ideas why its not getting passed this point?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
alright so i did what you told me and the screen is stuck on the apple and loading bar. and my computer says its waiting for phone! any ideas why its not getting passed this point?

Give it time. If after an hour (no, it shouldn't take that long), it's not cleared up, try it again. Yes, I am serious! If after that, it still won't load iOS and go to your homescreen, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro