iPhone 5 VS iPhone 4s, which one will you get?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
@justme i know but im getting bored with android had 4 years with their phones i need new fresh os. So im thinking of getting apple with iPhone 4s or 5 . I have 275 i can get either or on two year contract.

@sean thanks

If you have the money to buy the newest iPhone with more features and LTE, why even consider the 4S? You'd essentially be shooting yourself in the foot with value, and if you're someone who keeps phones for a long time, the 4S is going to be obsolete much quicker. Again, as far as which is best for you, obviously this comes down to what you see value in...i can't stand enormous screens or cheap plastic outer components, i also prefer the iOS environment and have a lot invested in apps...the iPhone is best for me, but might not be for the next guy. It's foolish to base your decision on what someone else likes...If i did that in 2007 I'd have waited for the Blackberry Storm instead of buying the iPhone, and i would have hated myself for it.

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I sold my 4s and got the 5. Already has a spot where the finish is coming off and only had a week and 2 days. 4s is very solid and has a sold feel, 5 does not feel that sturdy. Still within my 15 days and thinking seriously about taking 5 back and getting another 4s. Feel I could carry the 4s naked and would not dare do so with the 5.Just my opinion as an owner and user of both.

add119

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Your right @sean i like android just hate the app support in some game area.

So i guess im going with iPhone 5 then i dont really care for 4g lte. That muxh

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't even fathom how someone would make the decision based on gaming apps (or lack there of) between the top end Android devices and the iPhone 5, but to each their own i suppose. What games are not available on the Android that are detrimental to you avoiding one over the iPhone? (honestly curious)

As far as not caring about LTE...given that is one of the major draws of the iPhone 5 and one of the major differences between it and the 4S, the 4S could still be a good option for you, but I'm a bit confused on your logic as far as decision making between them so I'll just leave it at that.

Buy the one you like the most.

add119

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The one i mention in prior post and Android seem to get upgrade os for 1 year and non stock nexus phone them.they stop after 14 months unless their Google nexus line or hack the phone

add119

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Soul calibur
Devil may cry 4
Tekken
batman arkham city
Metal gear solid
Scott pilgram vs the world
Street fighter 4
Marvel is only exclusive to certain model which is dumb because of the os problem google have.
Droid 3 that have hardward similar to 4s if the not the same isnt supported.
This more of issue with android os because of the carriers.
Monster madness exclusive to tablet dumb because on IOS it work on iphone 3gs or better or ipad of all models i think .
horn game exclusive to android tablet not android phone dumbbb
capcom vs marvel 2
Splinter cell work on android 2.2 os-2.3 os apprently gameloft didnt support it to android 3.0 os -4.0 os or better
Shadow guardian only work for android 2.2 os-2.3 os which suck when i got ANDROID 4.0 OS ics on my droid bionic.

add119

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah bro I do. I had PSP and now iOS have better gaming if it wasn't for developer having as much 150 different android it would be easy to port to forget one android to the other.
I don't want mod my phone to change system on chip just to get a game playing or w.e. apple as much I hated them I want to jump the move since2009 and didn't now I will. Android physical keyboard stop from doing it. Not anymore

add119

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If you want the iphone 5 this will be the main reason:

6 reason

It have 3.0 usb cable instead of apple dedicated one
It slightly faster 1.3 ghz dual core instead of 1.0 ghz apple mention 1 just underclock at 800 mhz like wikipedia mention
slighty bigger screen 4 inches
aluminum back
higher resolution under hd display not by much 1136x640= hd display is 1280x720 compare to iph4s with 960x640
1gb of ram over 512 mb iphone 4s

Some feature that the iphone 4s wont run, unless you jailbreak.
Because apple like putting gimmick feature to make it different from the last iphone

Everything else the 4s is the same

Im waiting for my iphone 4s from fedex today.

Reason why you should get iphone 4s instead:

the price on 2 years is cheaper.
still get the latest from apple ios.
gaming on gpu is the same as iphone 5 with power vr chip 543
Great support from the app store
It smaller and light easy to put any cases.
dual core
329 ppi higher then iphone 5,
326 ppi and higher then all android phones on ppi .
Accept on htc rezound (nov 2011) 335 ppi
Droid dna (nov 2012) with 440 ppi

Last edited:

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
if you were looking to upgrade from a 4s i would say stay with it. if you were buying all new apple stuff i would say get the 5. only issue i see having the 5 if you have other apple devices around like ipods and such is the new lightning connector.

add119

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I got my iphone since friday i like the gaming found out new game like final fantasy 4 which is old considering it came out on ds it coming out december 20th on ios

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien