iPhone 5 updated to IOS 7 lost all my photos

fran_feb1411

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I updated all apps then backed up to ICloud prior to installation of IOS 7 update so how do I get my photoes back? My photos now start almost a month ago. I've lost like 4,000 pics. I do have most on my IPad 2 which I have not updated.. I never use ITunes for back up nor do I use it to sync. I always use ICloud. I've tried powering it off. All I can think of to do is install ITunes on my computer, hook up my IPad to it, download my pics, then sync my Iphone to ITunes. Is there a better or easier way?

jdunn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know you need to backup your photos to an external device prior to updating as iCloud only keeps photos for 30 days before deleting them. I believe it says this on their.Hopefully you can get them back. In the future it would probably be a good idea to have them automatically backed up through a third party service like Dropbox.com, box.com, Google+, Facebook, or a home backup system setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Try restoring again from the same iCloud backup. This happened to me before too. Somehow the picture backup was interrupted and never finished.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
iCloud doesn't permanently back them up. It just backs them up long enough for you to sync to a computer or other service, I usually back mine up to Dropbox and iPhoto at home. So you will likely need to sync your iPad to your computer to try to save those images. You've probably permanently lost the rest.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
iCloud backup DOES backup all of your photos, provided you have enough iCloud space. Photostream only keeps photos for the last 30 days, but this is different.

If you perform an iCloud backup, all pictures stored on your device are saved to iCloud.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I just updated to iOS 7.0.3 from ios 4.3.3 via itunes. But I lost all my photos after updating my software. Is there any way to get the photos back? I havent backed up my ipad on my PC before and I didnt have my pictures saved on itunes.

Is there any way I can get my pictures back? I had around 1000 of them and I dont want to lose them.

Did you have an iCloud backup?
Ohh I feel for you!
Make sure you select Photos in your iCloud section in your settings for the future.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iMore Forums

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Did you have an iCloud backup?
Ohh I feel for you!
Make sure you select Photos in your iCloud section in your settings for the future.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iMore Forums

iCloud was not apart of iOS 4.3.3, it was introduced on iOS 5.0 or 5.1 (I can't remember exactly but I know it was iOS 5.X.X).

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apps like Dropbox and Box are good for storing photos. But I'd also have them on the computer.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW