iPhone 5 shattered

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Apple has always done good with me.

My buddy gave me his 3GS with a broken screen. I took it to Apple and they said $150 to replace the screen. I said OK, thats cheaper than buying a new one. They screwed up when replacing the screen and said they would probably have to replace the whole phone. I said how much is that? And they said that I would have to pay $50 TOTAL for a replacement because they messed it up. So I paid $100 less than planned and got a replacement phone.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
long time back when I got my 3G - I remember walking outside through people traffic and dropping the phone, not only the manager replaced the same for me but didn't even charge me. This was in less than 5 minutes of walking out of the store. Love the customer service. Nothing beats it...

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought Apple has 1 year of free warranty, but that doesn't include user caused accidents.

It's cool that Apple offer this, but you need to know that your replacement is a refurbished phone.

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
oh wow.. how'd that happen?? i saw a drop test where a guy dropped his phone from his shoulder height and it still didnt shatter. only when he literally chucked it at the ground did it shatter.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought Apple has 1 year of free warranty, but that doesn't include user caused accidents.

It's cool that Apple offer this, but you need to know that your replacement is a refurbished phone.

Does Apple even have any refurbished iPhone 5's? In this situation I would gladly take a refurbished phone. :)

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Does Apple even have any refurbished iPhone 5's? In this situation I would gladly take a refurbished phone. :)

Doubt they have refurbs yet. Apple store swapped my iPhone 5 w/ "service replacement" after 8 days. Came from plain box, but newly sealed. Genius told me that they were well stocked with the service devices at least 4 days before the "real" ones arrived for launch. All brand new - until they can keep up w/ demand for new ones, all hands going to manufacture rather than refurb.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey if you want you could always sell it to me for a discounted price. :cool: i would be more than happy to purchase it

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
She was getting it off her coat pocket so I'd say around 4' , but it landed on the matt we have in our entrance and then bounced and on the tile floor that wasnt covered by the matt. I wonder if an invisishield wouldve made a difference.

Invisible shield and similar prevents scratches and the glass from flying off. Having a good rubber to tpu case would've helped 100%. S would AppleCare /square trade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77