iPhone 5 Screen Protector or not?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering how you all keep your 5. Do you use a screen protector or not?

If you don't, how is the screen? Any scratches or cracks occurring?

I've always used a protector, but hate how the plastic gets scratched and smudged so easily.

(Sorry if this has been asked numerous times!)

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There's a few glass screen protectors out now. I have a spigen slim glas.tr and love it. No scratches or marks of any kind and since its glass it won't distort the screen like zagg or ghost armor skins, and doesn't provide any extra resistance to swiping. I had a glas.tr on my phone for 7-8 months and still had no scratches or marks of any kind.

I saw a kick starter item about a sapphire iPhone 5 screen protector. It's thick but much stronger than gorilla glass 2 and the like.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector on any phone. Never had a screen get scratched yet. I'm very careful and I think a little lucky.

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a case and no screen protector. No problem so far. I might put one on though since summer just started & sand+ glass don't really match well when you're at the beach

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I use a barely there case and no screen protector. I wasted money on a few an always ended up taking them off.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I use cheap Tech Armor screen protectors from Amazon on all our devices, including tablets. You can't even tell they're on, and I rarely have to change them.

My job is pretty active, so it's cheap insurance. I also use a Ballistic case at work, but at home my i5 rolls naked. It's far too pretty to cover up.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
No screen protector here, for a few reasons. In no particular order:

• The glass is oliophobic (resists oils). Screen protectors have a tendency to destroy this coating
  • The glass is Gorilla Glass, meaning it's strong and highly scratch resistant on its own
  • I rarely keep mine in a pocket and never with anything hard/sharp, I use a belt case.
  • Every screen protector I've used in the past on other phones or PDAs have caused problems with registering touch-screen actions (both resistive and capactivie touch)

I DO use a case, though. The back and sides are more scratch prone than the glass, and I do set it down on tables and desks that may scratch the back.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have Spigen Glass on my IPhone 5.

It's awesome, you can't see it's there. The feeling is great and I can really recommend it. Especially if you are using screen protector made of plastic today.

Sent from my phone with Tapatalk

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Since the first day I bought my iPhone I always had a matte screen protector for my phone.. I feels nice and it doesn't smudge the screen or have any glare so its good and I like to protect my phone

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a 4s, but if I am permitted to participate... I have it without case but glass protectors on both sides.. I think it helps protect against, little nicks. IN a serious accident the screen would be damaged anyhow. I don?t like the matte ones, because it takes away from the iPhone?s brilliant screen. IMHO.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Installed a PureTek roll on screen protector. I never had much luck installing them, always air bubbles or dust under the screen. This install came out perfect. Took my time, cleaned the screen real good, used scotch tape to dab the screen to remove any dust I may have missed and used the roll on installation and perfect, all holes lined up just perfect. No one was more surprised then I. I recommend this product, not cheap, if you are looking for perfection this is the answer.
Vinny

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Just do it. Your phone is probably in places where it's easy for the screen to get scratched. Get some Tech Armors from Amazon for about $6 or $7 for a pack of three. Look and work great.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I use the Otterbox Defender, which has a built-in screen protector. I wouldn't use anything besides the Defender to fully protect my iPhone from drops, bumps, and scratches.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I like to rock a screen protector. I didn't on my first i5 (had it replaced) and it had a scratch on the screen after two months. I think it was from the earbud plug its the only thing that's in my pocket with my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit