• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Iphone 5 - nokia dc-16

l3cho

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Is the backup battery Nokia DC-16 will work with the iPhone 5?
Is there a possibility of damage to the iPhone battery? DC-16 is the output of 950mA. Sorry for my english

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a possibility of damage to the iPhone battery? DC-16 is the output of 950mA. Sorry for my english
You should not and cannot use any other battery in a sealed iPhone but an iPhone battery unless you are using a case like Mophie which employs a battery withing the case to switch to when your internal battery goes dead or low.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

It should work fine. It's just Nokia's version of any number of after-market external/spare battery products that are compatible with iPhones.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It should work fine. It's just Nokia's version of any number of after-market external/spare battery products that are compatible with iPhones.

How is an external battery compatible with iPhone unless it is a battery in a case like I mentioned. How would it be used?

EDIT: OK so reading the last post by the OP where he mentions a Mophie, Do I get half credit instead of being wrong since I mentioned the case? :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it will work as it's just a portable USB secondary battery recharger.

LOL I am confused Sean. Are we talking about a charger or Battery as Keith mentions external? Am I misreading the Ops post? Please explain. Thank you.

Now that I googled this and see what it is I have to get half credit guys as my line of thought was there. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman