Iphone 5 Keyboard out of place Too High

xpillzboyx

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

I just started tweaking with cydia the past couple days.

When i try to send a picture message, on the compose screen the keyboard comes up too high almost like its adjusted for an iphone 4.

How can I fix this?

I have an Iphone 5 on 6.1.2 I'm okay with restoring it to factory settings but i cant find a way to do it without updating it

any other ideas on how to fix this?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I was helping another person with this issue. He had restored from a backup of a previous device and installed a not-supported version of colorkeyboard. I don't suppose any of that applies to you? The best way to start is to get into safe mode, either by SBSettings or by turning off your phone, holding the volume up button, then turning on the phone while still holding the volume up button. If the keyboard functions properly, you have a bad tweak. If not, some other data is corrupted.

xpillzboyx

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so I had read the other post yesterday and i think this happened to me. I didn't know there was a paid version until I saw that post actually. My cousin installed all my sources so I usually just look for the paid version of apps. Anyway I'm pretty sure that its aligning the keyboard as if it was an iphone 4's screen. I tried restoring but I can't do it without updating to 6.1.3. Is there any way of restoring some keyboard files or even restoring to factory 6.1.2? I tried alll the cache cleaners and safe mode but nothing worked

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, no. Since you cannot erase all contents on a jb'n device your only option is a restore, unless you can figure out which files color keyboard modifies and remove them. There should be a couple plists. You can use Appinfo to see what files color keyboard uses.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I cannot promise that they will be rebuilt. The best thing to do is install the official color keyboard, use app info to see what files it modifies, then rename them (append old at the end or something). If it works, yay. If not, you may have to do the restore.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

xpillzboyx

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I already installed the official app but it showed like a thousand different plist files and almost all of them are in the library/color keyboard folder and they get deleted when I delete the app anyway. Any other solutions? And how can I restore without upgrading?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I cannot think of anything else and you cannot restore without upgrading.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Im guessing this is whats happening on your phone:
a6ybaruq.jpg

Had the same issue and was able to solve this easily.

Get screen extender, free tweak from cydia then add in the listed options from the picture below. Also check off socialUIservice in the list and respring. This should work.
ujeza8ez.jpg

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk 2

xpillzboyx

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I found a temporary solution by getting the flex tweak and installing the fullscreen apps (iPhone 5) patch and it works but I'd still like a real fix if anyone can think of one

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
When you say you installed the official app, does that mean you paid for it? That should be the solution?if it's not working the dev could help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner