iPhone 5 carrier update (Verizon only but wait, maybe not?)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was using an iPhone 5 on Verizon for 4 1/2 days. The data usage was around 600 MB's.
I knew something was wrong. Being connected to mostly WiFi gave me that idea. I hope
this clears up others' issues as well.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I posted a link above suggesting it may be a broader problem...

You know I did think about this last week as I hit my 5 gigs in no time but I thought I left LTE while using a ton of iTunes Match and just forgot about it. I'll have to keep an eye on it now. I'll change it again.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having problems connecting to wifi now? I sure am and I've tried the usual troubleshooting things. I have unlimited and LTE at home some doesn't bother me as much but I need my wifi working. Just want to know if anyone else is seeing this issue after the update. Thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I sure am and I've tried the usual troubleshooting things.

Try - in this specific order: turn off your phone... reboot the wifi hotspot... restart the phone. If that doesn't help... Go into Settings>> Wi-Fi>> Hit the blue dot next to the name of the wifi connection... scroll to the bottom & turn the http proxy to auto, leave the URL blank... see if that helps... if not, on that same screen, try "renew lease"... if that doesn't work - go to Settings>> General>> scroll to the bottom, hit 'Reset' - then Reset Network Settings... you'll have to set-up your wifi from scratch after that.

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Try - in this specific order: turn off your phone... reboot the wifi hotspot... restart the phone. If that doesn't help... Go into Settings>> Wi-Fi>> Hit the blue dot next to the name of the wifi connection... scroll to the bottom & turn the http proxy to auto, leave the URL blank... see if that helps... if not, on that same screen, try "renew lease"... if that doesn't work - go to Settings>> General>> scroll to the bottom, hit 'Reset' - then Reset Network Settings... you'll have to set-up your wifi from scratch after that.

---------- Post Merged at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Been did all of that. Of course I rebooting my router but that's not the problem because it was working last night and my laptop connects just fine. All of those things you suggested are appreciated but tried already. Thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Been did all of that. Of course I rebooting my router but that's not the problem because it was working last night and my laptop connects just fine. All of those things you suggested are appreciated but tried already. Thanks.

Do you by chance have Comcast? And you're using their supplied wifi modem? I've seen discussions on other forums where Comcast seems to be popping up a lot and folks have gone to a simple modem from them, and got their own wifi and solved issues.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you by chance have Comcast? And you're using their supplied wifi modem? I've seen discussions on other forums where Comcast seems to be popping up a lot and folks have gone to a simple modem from them, and got their own wifi and solved issues.

I have even had a Comcast tech tell me the all in one modems and routers are crap.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

No comcast and my own router and was working fine before carrier update. Last night I was on wifi fine. Carrier update and bam won't connect. Router is clearly not the isse when my iPad sitting right next to me is connected as usual.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Someone else said they had a issue after putting a metal case on the phone removing the case fixed the issue

Never had a case so don't apply to me. I'm not understanding why you guys are bringing up all theses scenarios. Point is that everything was fine and then carrier update and now it won't connect. My wife's 4sand iPad still connect as usual. I appreciate the help but if just wanna see if anyone else is experiencing issues so I can see if its just my device. Not to sound like a douche but I have done all the troubleshooting. Not an iPhone newbie so you don't have to waste your time suggesting stuff. Thanks a lt guys.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just so you guys can see. Home net is my wifi and the circle just keep spinning when trying to connect. But look my iPad you can see its connected and has the check mark. So I just don't know why all of a sudden it stopped connect but I do know it was fine until the carrier update which had to do with the wifi and cell radios.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349123841.333027.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349123841.333027.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 58

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit