Iphone 5 big big problem !

Henrii

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I bought the iPhone from norway. I live in estonia and i have estonia sim card. First time i got that message when i put my estonian sim card (SIM Not Valid). Then my friend called to norway mobile centre and they said, they will unlock my iphone for any sim card. Now if i put my sim card in. Its always say Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again over the cellular connection in a couple of minutes. You can also try to activate usin a Wi-Fi connection.

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought the iPhone from norway. I live in estonia and i have estonia sim card. First time i got that message when i put my estonian sim card (SIM Not Valid). Then my friend called to norway mobile centre and they said, they will unlock my iphone for any sim card. Now if i put my sim card in. Its always say Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again over the cellular connection in a couple of minutes. You can also try to activate usin a Wi-Fi connection.

Hmm... only thing I can think is that it wasn't properly unlocked. As I stated in my pm, I'm not super familiar with unlocking but I did think once it was carrier unlocked, it should be unlocked for life even if you have to restore as it's based on the IMEI number assigned to the phone (which never changes).

I would call your friend again and see if they wouldn't mind calling the original carrier again to see if they can check the IMEI number to see if it's properly unlocked. Or I'm not 100% on this but Apple Customer Care may be able to check that for you.

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I checked my ICCID. Now i have there some code. But last time there was ICCID: Unknow. What is ICCID ?

ICCID: Integrated Circuit Card Identifier

This is what your sim is assigned and how your phone recognizes it internationally.

Wasn't there before because you took your sim card out. The second you put it back in, it will pop up the identifier.

Henrii

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Okey. But i am in the beginning and same problem like before : Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again over the cellular connection in a couple of minutes. You can also try to activate usin a Wi-Fi connection.
Maybe i should talk to my friend again !

Chargehammer

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Okey. But i am in the beginning and same problem like before : Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again over the cellular connection in a couple of minutes. You can also try to activate usin a Wi-Fi connection.
Maybe i should talk to my friend again !

It is most likely that there is a delay from when the unlock is requested until it is actually completed. If you just had it requested today, it's probably just not completed yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox