iPhone 5 auto brightness

cdunn05#AC

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just upgraded to my iPhone 5. I had iPhone 4S with iOS 6 and the updated to iOS 6 made auto brightness work perfect. I noticed that it doesn't work as well on my iPhone 5. Is it working well for anyone else??

THANKS!

tlgem

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
First day with mine & the one thing I noticed is the screen running on the dark side when on auto brightness
Might be a battery saving thing like that other popular phone
Never had this problem on my 4s

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
With iOS 6 it actually turns and sides the brightness up and down in its own, I actually have it disabled for battery purposes - if you're outside in the sun all day long it will drain significantly faster

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
What he said^. You save battery with it off and just set manually if its too dark or too bright.

nemesyssoft

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just upgraded to my iPhone 5. I had iPhone 4S with iOS 6 and the updated to iOS 6 made auto brightness work perfect. I noticed that it doesn't work as well on my iPhone 5. Is it working well for anyone else??

THANKS!

I also have an iPhone 5 and it seems the auto-brightness will only be checked by the phone when it's waken from sleep or turned on.

Turn off auto-brightness.
Adjust the brightness in a dimly lit room.
Turn on auto-brightness.
Put the phone to sleep.
Walk in a brightly lit room.
Wake up the phone.

You'll see the brightness adjusting.

However, if you keep the phone on all the time, no change occurs in the brightness.

I'm not sure that this is how it's supposed to work but I think it's a bit dumb that the brightness is checked only when the phone wakes up.