iPhone 4s on Verizon carrier, how can I start a new plan?

bluebeeny

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Iphone 4s verizon carrier

Ok so i recently bought an iphone 4s for verizon on offerup it works great my only problem with it is that I'm pretty sure its a business phone for a company because it still has service however i went in to verizon to start a new plan to hopefully upgrade but because it was a company phone the company still had it on their business plan and they couldn't start a new plan for me im 100% certain the person i bought it off is no longer with this company even if it is a company, is there anyway i can start a new plan with verizon and not have to deal with this because i dont wanna get in trouble for using a business's data or even have them monitor what im doing like my emails since it is a company phone and also i tried to contact the person but i couldn't get ahold of them.... could i just take the SIM card out and tell verizon to give me a new SIM card amd stuff? Idk how this works

Last edited:

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Iphone 4 verizon carrier

If it truly is an iPhone 4 (and not an iPhone 4s), then on Verizon it does not have a SIM card for you to "take out".

If the device is still active on a "company's" business plan (or anyone else's plan), then you cannot use it on your account. And if you keep using it on their "business plan", you will definitely "get in trouble".

Get your money back.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If it truly is an iPhone 4 (and not an iPhone 4s), then on Verizon it does not have a SIM card for you to "take out".

If the device is still active on a "company's" business plan (or anyone else's plan), then you cannot use it on your account. And if you keep using it on their "business plan", you will definitely "get in trouble".

Get your money back.

'Nuf said...

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

My mistake its a iphone 4s
Even still, all the rest applies.

In addition, as the iPhone 4s is not an LTE device, it is not using that SIM on Verizon in the US. That SIM card is only for use outside North America. So removing the SIM card will have no effect.

Get your money back. Or chalk it up to experience and purchase a different device and check it this time before you finalize the purchase.