iPhone 4S- is it still shipping with iOS 5?

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Since there aren't any iPhone 5's in existence for Verizon, I was thinking about grabbing an iPhone 4S if it still comes out of the box with iOS 5. Has anyone bought one recently?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think it may be what ever stock the store may have if they didn't flash the software to ios6. One of my older kids friends just got a 4S last week and it already had ios6 on it. So it may be luck of the draw at this point

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I honestly think it may be what ever stock the store may have if they didn't flash the software to ios6. One of my older kids friends just got a 4S last week and it already had ios6 on it. So it may be luck of the draw at this point

I agree with Pink, just depends on the stock in hand. My brother just picked up a 4S 2 weeks ago for AT&T and it had 5.1.1 on it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My best friend and his wife just received 2 iPhone 4S phone today installed with IOS6. Hope this helps you and so far they tell me all is well but I suggested that after they fully charge and tweak and customize them the way they want them, Then put them though the paces and see how things go. I hope they stay trouble free.

Edit: I should have said they are on VZW.

- - - Updated - - -

Pink...Older Kids?? You don't look a day over 25....:p I could not resist that one.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
JailBreak will come soon. But really it's user preference.. but will continue to be tough to find older iOS loaded on devices as they more likely have been upgraded.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My friend got her iPhone 4s yesterday, and it comes with iOS 6.0.
If you really like the iOS 5, you would wait for the Jailbreak.

poe2_beruang

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
JailBreak will come soon. But really it's user preference.. but will continue to be tough to find older iOS loaded on devices as they more likely have been upgraded.

The JB for iOS 6 is already done, but they said that it will be temporally unpublished. We'll see then. :)

Sent from my CROSS A10 using Tapatalk 2

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The JB for iOS 6 is already done, but they said that it will be temporally unpublished. We'll see then. :)

Sent from my CROSS A10 using Tapatalk 2

Pod said he wasn't going to work on it a few weeks ago on Twitter. Did he change his mind?

I know I've seen a few blurbs about JB for iOS6 for iPhone4 and lower.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro